Dog in my yard...

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
There is a fluffy little cream-colored dog in my yard, and he has been wandering through off and on all evening. I first saw him a couple hours ago when I took Morgan out to pee the last time. At first glance I just thought it was the neighbor's dog on his tie-out, but now that he's wandered closer it's clear it is NOT that dog.

It seems fairly well-mannered. I mean, I took Morgan outside and it was well-behaved enough that I didn't notice it right away. It didn't bark or run at Morgan at all. Now it is sitting on my back porch and the cats are meowing at it through the patio door. I think the little dog may be begging to be let inside.

It is 11:30, it's dark outside, and I'm home alone. I am nervous about going out to meet/check on it... but I also don't want him to wander off into the road. I have no fence or any tie out to secure him in the meantime, and I really don't want to go inviting a strange dog into my house.. From here I can't see if he has any collar or tags...

They certainly know where to look for the soft-hearted animals lovers when they get lost, don't they??? :p

Oh good, my husband just got home. He can help me with this one...

Ugh!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Problem solved. My husband recognized the dog as Ozzy, a neighbor dog from about half a block away. :eek: Little guy, you shouldn't wander so far from home!

Anyways, Ozzy is being walked home right now with one of our spare slip-leads.

Happy ending! :D

bubbatd

Glad it's over !! In cases like this I try to get them into my garage until I sort things out . Last time was a flea covered Boston boy .... who ended up sleeping with me for 2 nights !

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Woo! Glad he is home safe now! :) that could have been very bad..
Yeah. Ozzy has a tendency to slip out of his yard. His owner is a great guy, and every time Ozzy gets out he fixes whatever it was that Ozzy found to escape. However... Ozzy keeps finding new and creative ways, though far less fewer of them now. :)

Glad it's over !! In cases like this I try to get them into my garage until I sort things out . Last time was a flea covered Boston boy .... who ended up sleeping with me for 2 nights !
I didn't even thinking of herding him into my garage! Although, I am not sure how well that would have worked anyhow. My garage is full up with two project cars that are lying about in pieces, and I definitely wouldn't want him getting into any of those things, either.

Hopefully he will stay home from here on out. :)

Members online

No members online now.