Tollers (NSTDR's)

Toller_08

Just as a disclaimer I hope I didnt offend anyone by saying stupid noisy. My staff foster was *stupid noisy* that gremlin cackling was a horrible sound. I thought it was adorable and hilarious at Flyball trials but 6 months of it in my house and I had plenty. Of course my mals panting is far more annoying than their barking. So to each their own tolerance levels.

And... Yeah some dogs are just noisy, encouragement or not. I still want to consider a toller someday but I've never heard this scream before.
I hope I didn't come across like I was offended. I wasn't. When I think stupid noisy I tend to think barking and making noise just because for no reason and just wanted to clarify that Tollers are not that. :)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
That's because, even despite her quirks, she's the Best Girl Ever! Seriously, I love this dog more than almost anything. Once she wiggles her way into somebody's life and decides she likes them, she is pretty hard to resist. She has a list a mile long of people who would like to steal her, haha.

She's so much fun and even with a her bit of attitude, she's the cutest, sweetest, happiest, focused little dog. And so funny.

Did you ever go meet any Tollers? What did you think in person (if you did)?
I did! I had met a ton at an event I was at, and they were pretty well all from the breeder 15 mins away :D went and met her and her dogs, and they are definitely awesome dogs <3 definitely on my list to own, most likely as my next dog :)

Aleron

I've had Belgians outscream that dog LOL Will have to try to get video :) I try to manage the screamers and would be screamers here because it drives my husband crazy but Zette still does it sometimes. With the Belgians, it seems some lines are bad screamers and some never scream. One of my friends has a Belgian who hangs off the curtains in her front window screaming because either he wants to chase cars that he sees on the road or because someone is outside without him. He screams, like he's being killed and loudly with no barking in between. He has multiple siblings who scream too, one was nearly rehomed him because the owners husband could not stand it (not that I thought it was a good reason want to rehome a dog).

LOL Nope, mind just bark.
Better luck next time :rofl1:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I did listen to some videos of Tollers screaming. And honestly, they sound like Chloe when she is stuck inside and she wants to be out to say hi to someone. Lol Not my most favorite sound in the world, but if it doesn't happen on a daily basis I'm good. I'd much rather hear that than a Bulldog screaming. Good lord, but do they sound like dying pigs.

After reading all that, I guess my next question would be are there any breeders in my area anyone could recommend? I'd like to meet some, but I don't think I've ever even seen one before.

Members online