Not so dominant, i guess :)

I had my friend bring his dog over so Shat(my dog) could have some dog friends. and being the male Shat tried to show dominance over my friends dog. Brandi(his dog) would just kinda walk away or whatever. I figure its best to let them work it out them selves. but Shat just would NOT give up he kept trying to get in her face or whatever. so about an hour of this Brandi finally sniped him on the nose. he high tailed it out of there. i was pissed but at the same time laughing because he WAY OVER REACTED. it almosted looked like he was playing dead. Brandi got on my bed and I called Shat in to make sure he was ok. Shat came to the doorway saw Brandi on my bed and looked down to the ground and backed out of the doorway. they were go after i called him in again and kinda of petted both at the same time. I just wanna make sure i didnt do anything wrong, i kinda let them handle things the dog way is that ok or should i have intervened?

RoxyBoxer

as long as they didnt have an actual fight I dont see anything wrong with it. mine learned her place the hard way with the dog we lived with but after that they were fine with each other. shat was probably more jealous then anything and just wants reassurance you love him more and next time the other dog or any other is over make sure you play with shat equally and even give him more hugs then usual to show hes still your favourite :)

Sounds like you handled things okay. They've worked things out without bloodshed. Just keep making sure Shat doesn't feel left out or ignored and they will probably develop a friendship.

Members online