The Good News thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I haven't had to work an evening shift all week and i'm not scheduled for any next week. Major win as then I can actually do stuff after work.

Lyzelle

Jin is free the rest of today, tomorrow, and Saturday. :) It's only three days, but it's much better than what the rest of his schedule will be like this month. He'll be lucky to be home a grand total of 10 days this month.

darkchild16

We are Home.
No puke today from the baby! Shes now 8 lbs 1 oz and Jeremy is suppossed to be getting called for his interview any minute now.

HIm getting it is a double edged sword but one I can deal with. We will have to be in two seperate states for a couple months until everything can be sorted out but the money and being able to move our family to the area we want to be in without him having to work his way up to Manager is worth it. Thankfully we will be able to visit alot of weekends and we live in a day and age with skype and everything else.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
That is awesome news FG!

I took my dogs out to work on tricks for our trick show repertoire and discovered that they have even better stays than I realized! I'm working on getting them to hold stays on upturned buckets while another dog is working for future show use and figured I'd have to do a fair amount of re-placing them, but only Snipe broke the stay more than once!

Some of the distractions they were exposed to while on stays:
- Aeri tugging with me, including being swung around in the air and me rolling on the ground
- Snipe doing flirt pole
- Z jumping through hoops and doing agility jumps/tunnels at speed
- Kes playing with frisbees (catches, jumping over my leg, weaving between my legs, all with barking)
- Aeri doing a long jump and crashing the poles a few times
- Kes retrieving
- Ziva spinning and crawling on the ground
- Kes figuring out where I hid treats under cups while I sat on the ground
- Neighbor taking her trash cans out to the curb
- Another neighbor watering flowers with a hose
- DH coming home (driving up the drive, opening the garage door, and walking out to where I was)

Soooo awesome to see them performing so well! :)

FG167

That is awesome news FG!

I took my dogs out to work on tricks for our trick show repertoire and discovered that they have even better stays than I realized! I'm working on getting them to hold stays on upturned buckets while another dog is working for future show use and figured I'd have to do a fair amount of re-placing them, but only Snipe broke the stay more than once!

Some of the distractions they were exposed to while on stays:
- Aeri tugging with me, including being swung around in the air and me rolling on the ground
- Snipe doing flirt pole
- Z jumping through hoops and doing agility jumps/tunnels at speed
- Kes playing with frisbees (catches, jumping over my leg, weaving between my legs, all with barking)
- Aeri doing a long jump and crashing the poles a few times
- Kes retrieving
- Ziva spinning and crawling on the ground
- Kes figuring out where I hid treats under cups while I sat on the ground
- Neighbor taking her trash cans out to the curb
- Another neighbor watering flowers with a hose
- DH coming home (driving up the drive, opening the garage door, and walking out to where I was)

Soooo awesome to see them performing so well! :)
Thanks! I am supposed to be hearing tomorrow...

I am SO IMPRESSED with this! So impressed! How did you do it? Did you work up to it or just work on stays separately and see how it went? I am afraid with mine, once one breaks, the dominos fall...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I got lucky? LOL we worked on staying on buckets while in the house and with me preparing meals, moving around, etc., but I took a leap of faith today and "just did it".

Snipe used to run off, so working in our front yard with her not being the center of attention did wig me out a bit, but she did well considering where she was a year ago (running loose in our neighborhood as a 5 month old!) and even just a few months ago (not trusted off leash unless we were in the boondocks). She did break a lot more than the other dogs, but she recalled and responded to being re-placed over time. She only needed to be re-placed once for a given distraction and then she was good - the defined area of the bucket top really helps I think.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
MARLEE HAS A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So very happy she'll have a place to call her own and people to spoil her and help her grow into a "normal" ferret even more :) She goes home in about a week.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, I sent off my e-mail telling the guy I was accepting his offer for a job. I am sad to be leaving the radio station and excited for new opportunities all at one time. Yesterday after learning there was nothing the radio station could do to keep me, I left work and went out to my car, took a deep breath, then burst into tears. And I couldn't figure out why I was crying. I hate it here. I just don't know.

And now begins the time period when I get to start using the phrase, "What are they gonna do? FIRE ME??"

ETA: Oh yeah - and my new range and microwave get delivered to my house tomorrow! Except we don't have the old floor up, haven't even bought the new floor, and I haven't even ordered my cabinets. Whomp whomp... I get to have a brand new range just sitting in my kitchen for who knows how long. YEEEAY.

Last edited:

Taqroy

I might have a job offer on the table...
Yay!! Congrats!

Well, I sent off my e-mail telling the guy I was accepting his offer for a job. I am sad to be leaving the radio station and excited for new opportunities all at one time. Yesterday after learning there was nothing the radio station could do to keep me, I left work and went out to my car, took a deep breath, then burst into tears. And I couldn't figure out why I was crying. I hate it here. I just don't know.
Because change, no matter how much you want it, anticipate it, need it, is REALLY freaking scary. I'm so happy for you though! You've been waiting so long for this!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

And now begins the time period when I get to start using the phrase, "What are they gonna do? FIRE ME??"
Beanie that is awesome!! I know you've been wanting to get out of there for so long.

I think my job interview today went okay, was a bit freaked out when I got there because I wasn't expecting 3 people to be interviewing me. It was short and sweet though, they had a page with like 5 questions on it and that was it. But they seemed to like me and they have quite a few positions to fill so hopefully I get one of them :) I am ready to be done with the vet tech thing.

The best thing is, because of this interview I had to call in sick to work today, so it's only 11am and I have the rest of the day to myself! :D Too bad I have to work tomorrow.

Saeleofu

SOMEONE ELSE is opening the training building for our club's open training this week! And next week! Now, don't get me wrong, I go to training every week anyway (well, not next week because I'll be working at the zoo). But I get there early when I open, and then sometimes I'm the only one there for the next 3 hours. I can't train my dog for 3 hours straight. It's kind of boring with it's just me. Even when the one other regular shows up (which is more often than not) it's hard to go for 3 hours, or even 2 hours, with just 2 dogs. The conformation person is opening it today, so maybe there will actually be other people to work on conformation with!

Oh, and I'm off today. Actually, properly off. No job, no school. All I have to do is laundry and training, and come up with something tasty and Doctor Who related to make for tomorrow night.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I love our doctors office. Called this morning at 9 am to get Hannah and I in for this sickness that will not leave us (I'm thinking upper resp infection) and we now have an appt for 10:45 this morning :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I found a source for giant plastic barrels perfect for some tricks I want to play around with! AND they are only $5 each! :D

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I have an interview tomorrow at 10am! The job is for an after school child care program. I'd be working 3hrs a day and making the same amount of money I'm making working 5hrs at my current job. I'm VERY excited. I really want to work with kids and this is like a dream job for me, everything will work out perfectly. It's the right hours, the right amount of money, the right days, and something I'm actually interested in. :)

darkchild16

We are Home.
Jeremy has been told they will find a position for him if/when we move to NC. They wanted him now but we couldnt make it work right this minute. Its such a major difference then his current employer whose working him like a dog for **** pay.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Brian got some seriously good news today but the last person to sign off is away for the week so we won't have a signed deal until
Next week but it is so so promising and so amazingly good. Please pray for this next week :D

Members online

No members online now.