I Have a Dog with Intestinal Problems, What Can I Do at Home?

My dog has been having a lot of intestinal issues recently. We have been to the vet several times and have been told that it is nothing serious, just likely something she is eating not agreeing with her. Now I am wondering if it is something in her dog food or something that she found from outside. I mean we cannot be watching her every second of the day, and she is able to run around pretty freely and plays in the yard often.

Because of this, I am thinking about changing her dog food, but this did not go over well the last time. She almost refused to eat for some time. It was a very stressful for all of us! I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar types of problems.

Have you ever had a dog that did not respond well to a change in their food? If so, how were you able to overcome this? Also, is this normal or something that we should be worried about? Could feeding our dog scraps from the table be causing her intestinal distress? We are very careful about not giving her bones, since I know these can sometimes break inside and cause problems.

Kilter

What food is she on?

Would you consider raw? Raw works very well in cases of 'indigestion'.

Barb04

Super Moderator
You need to change foods slowly adding a little of the new and less of the old one. If you do it too quickly, the dog can get the runs, etc. Also, any change to a new food will take 4-5 weeks to see in most cases. We feed our dogs some of our food, but your dog may be allergic to certain foods.

What are you feeding now? You might want to change to a different type of protein than is in the current food.

Members online

No members online now.