My huge garden pics...almost as good as being there.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I thought I would have a virtual garden party and your all invited.

I really like these petunias.
I should have bought a few more.
Something should be blooming in combo for the rest of the summer. That's the plan anyway. It may be small but I think my garden is mighty pleasing. It's a really good year so far. Snap dragons, sunflowers, bach buttons, four oclocks, all have had a great spring coming up and should be ready to take over when the roses and primrose fade. Last year I got three sets of flowers from the rose bush.

..soon I won't be able to see the ugly meter things I need two really big rocks to block the view of them but until then. It was the only place I had to plant.

squirt garden is in front of the iris. Baby Patrick and Aiden planted bach buttons and sunflowers, to go with the phlox and snap dragons, can't have babies and not let them play with snap dragon blossoms. Wish i had hollyhocks to make hollyhock dolls. I will have to plan that for Baylee when she gets a little older.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
last one, my friend Cindy said her husband would call this one Messy. So ok. I like my messy garden. It is always changing, smells like heaven, and will bring the goldfinches so close to my window. No morning glories this year, my packet of seeds disappeared and I coudln't find them anywhere. So by the time I gave up, it was too late to get another.

Xandra

Looking good! I love the way your yard backs onto wood, and your garden bed looks lush. What's that twisty looking tree on the far right of the third pic? I like it :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is a branch off of my curly willows that are in the big pots. THey were an experiment and not one I would suggest to anyone else. THey need a lot of water and it is hard to keep them satisfied in such small pots. If I knew I was staying somewhere I would put them in the ground. I cut the tap roots so they wouldn't get any bigger, and now the leaves are half the size they would be on a normal sized curly willow. They are about 7 yrs old now. Both need new pots. I priced the size of plastic ones and was shocked. So I mulched them really well and moved them to partial shade. If I had them in full sun I would lose them. I got the original branch in a bundle that was sold for decorative purposes at the Home show. I took the bundle straight home and stuck them all in a bucket of water. ONe took. I planted that tree, and when it was big enough I took a few branches to " play " with in pots. I just didn't count on how thirsty they would be. THis year when I take them out and cut off half the roots, I will use some of those crystals that hold water in the soil I put back in. That is what I do for the containers on the porch. Best stuff ever for hot spots.

Thanks for looking at my big ol photos. I am baffled why they won't resize, but I am excited by how good it is growing and really wanted to share. Last year we had a hail storm that flattened and shredded everything into salad. It was really sad and there was nothing to do but water the mess and wait for this year. One thing that helped me make it through all the troubles last winter was thinking, all I want to do is see my garden this spring. IT is the third year since it was moved and I knew this year would be the way it is suppose to be. I only use cottonburr compost, no miracle grow. I am thrilled with how good it has done us as a top dressing. I got 5 bags, and wish I had 3 more.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My little 1o cent packet of seeds oh so long ago. My dear little friend that greets me every spring. I have sent a few off shoots to a couple friends here. ONe of my most favorites too and I think I like the blue flowers in front of that red coleus.
One of the few memories of my Mother's Mother was when she showed me how the four oclocks opened at four oclock, and how good they smell. So They are in memory of her. Snap dragons have always been a thrill especially the ones that are shaded in different colors and not just solid. ONe year I had a lot of fun putting them on my scanner and photographing them that way. I had a much bigger garden back then with more variety. That was fun too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
scanner flowers..you have to shake them a long time to get out all the pollen. I had of snap dragons but I don't know where it went. these are shirley poppies.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHen the rest starts blooming you all want to come for a bbq? I just sat out by the bird feeder while Neccy nosed around the edge of the woods. My Daddy cardinal came within 4 ft of me. The nuthatch could care less if your there or not, and the chickadees have no worries what so ever. The cardinals are sitting again in the grapefruit tree, and I just watched last year's baby who I call BlueblopSunshine fly in and sit on the nest. The nest he hatched in last year. So now I know last year's baby helps out with everything from watching for predators, guarding the food supply and now this. I learned too that the juvenile color turns as warm as a sunset before the red comes. I think Blueblop is going to end up being a male. I have 3 windows that look out to the woods, and one that faces the next wall so I can see them all the time. They are neigh ors too. My most favorite ones.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
For you Bogart, this is where I spent my morning waking up. THanks for sharing with me!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

some luck for the day. :)

Last edited:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
While looking at this sunrise ,

i was visualizing chatting with you and having coffee!!

Now these are all I can get to grow at my house , they came withthe house also!lol

I think the are callie lillies , i love them!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Pretty pretty pretty!!! Grammy and I use to have morning chats here. Thanks for sharing your lovely view too. i can't tell you how much I miss that with her. When I posted the garden pics I thought Grammy would have liked these. She had a lovely garden too and I was lucky enough to be able to visit twice where we had her real coffee and my real tea.

Members online

No members online now.