Who's dog has scared folks........

SiNNiK

i open the door wide and we have no screen so they are face to face with Chance when i answer the door. i've never thought to keep track of how many people he has startled.

Sunnierhawk0,

Can we please have a shirt made for dogs: Loves Children! or even Please Don't touch!(Depending on attitude) I've seen some parents act like you have experienced at petsmart and others who get mad when a dog growls at their kid for running up to quickly.
Let me know what you want on the shirt, and I'll have some made. I'll post the link once they are made. :)

Hannah always gets treated like she is mean, simply because she is big. Her latest journal entry on "her" website is about our trip to the petstore this weekend, and how everyone clears the way when we come in. The ones who don't react in a scared way, stare and make rude or stupid comments.

I have come to the conclusion that in my area, people are convinced big equals evil. :(

ACooper

All the time :) . I used to do the same thing you did with Orson (except when I open the door I am intentionally trying to keep people away). There ae people alwas trying to sell things and advertise in my neigborhood and it gets anoyng. I just open the door and let Cheko sit there. Although I stopped doing that because these stupid kids (teen boys) decided to come up to my door and tease him through the glass, the next thing I know Cheko is outside and the glass door no longer exists. My reflexes kicked in and was able to grab him before he got off the porch (dont know how I did that) but those boys were so scared, I think one p*ssed his pants. Oh well, shouldnt have been on MY property messing with my dog.

After hearing about your guy & LovethatCollie's dog, I think we may be adding a security storm door (with the gate type bars) I wouldn't want my dogs cut, or any innocent person harmed. (not that the yahoos teasing were really innocent though)

Yami has once. =) lol.

It was cute though. No barking.

We had (hence the had) a storm door, the metal ones with glass and a spring kinda thing. he was sitting right in front of it and the mail guy knocks on the door. I just see yami put his paws on the door and his big doofy nose on the glass. The mail guy almost jumped outta his skin. I put yami in his crate and opened the door. The guy was like "Whoa! That was a big dog. He came outta no where!" I was like yup. Thats my Yami.

I have had little kids too afraid to pet Wally becasue he's usually taller than them. Mike is very intimidating looking, and even scared me at first with just his big ol' head and intense stare.

The puppy scares no one LOL!

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
A lot of people are scared or intimidated by Aurora. Combine her "devil eye" with her being very loud and obnoxious when meeting people, I can see how people might be. But really, all she wants is them just to give her some lovings. Poor Aurora, sweetest dog, yet everyone is scared of her, LOL.

Members online

No members online now.