Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

LOVE IT!!!!!

I will be honest, I never had anyone say anything to me about NIP. Both children were nursed til 4 (though really by around 2ish it was pretty much just morning and night so not so much NIP anymore). Covers are a joke. I tried using a blanket a couple times wtih Lilah and yeah :rolleyes: no go...she would get hysterical.

But, I do know other mamas who have been shamed...I have seen countless people be just ridiculous about it.

Had a great experience last week at the playground though. My friend was nursing her toddler and another little girl and her mom came over. The little girl asked what the toddler was doing and her mom immediately said "She is nursing, drinking milk from her mama". Little girl said "from her boob?" I thought uh oh, this could get weird...nope, awesome mom says "Yes honey, thats what boobs are for, they make milk for babies". Little girl "oh, ok" and skips off to continue playing.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
People know my views on this subject ... & I will keep expressing my distain for NIP.

This lady is just as much of a bitch as anyone else who disagrees with her SHE is infringing her rights on others.

Sorry but I don't like it, I never will (I don't like kids period anyway) but its not just the sight ... It's the sounds that come out of it also & if this lady & any other lady doesn't like my looks of distain too bad.

You mean disdain I am assuming?

Its obvious you really have very little experience with breastfeeding...noises??? really??

I love the "if people dont like me being a bitch its too bad" idea - you are right, you have every right to be rude, to be a bitch, whatever....but its sad that one would want to live that negatively. I could say I dont like seeing people wearing yellow...I find it an annoying color. If I go around rolling my eyes, making rude comments, and avoiding people wearing yellow that makes me the stupid one, not them for wearing yellow. The are not infringing on my rights (of not having to see yellow) by wearing it.

People talk about whats wrong with society these days, with kids these days. I'll tell you...respect. NOT lack of respect from children, its lack of respect FOR children. Its this idea that life is something that happens in a vacuum.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't like society in general, been hurt by too many people I guess, I am very antisocial & just being close to other people wigs me out. ESP if they are doing something I find annoying (like NIP or have a screaming child). Kids should be taught to respect adults not the other way around.

When I was a kid I never went to a restaurant until I was old enough to behave accordingly, I always had a babysitter when my folks would go out or we ate home cooked meals. When we did go to a restaurant I was expected to sit quietly,use my inside voice, & not make a fuss, or eat like an animal. If I misbehaved I was given one warning, if I did it again we left & I was sent to my room when we got home.

Even as a kid I was always very well behaved, I as a reserved, shy quiet kid & my parents as well as relatives say all the young people loved babysitting me because I was always to easy.

How does someone wearing yellow compare to NIP? Wearing a yellow shirt doesn't infringe on someone else's rights.

I don't like society in general, been hurt by too many people I guess, I am very antisocial & just being close to other people wigs me out. ESP if they are doing something I find annoying (like NIP or have a screaming child). Kids should be taught to respect adults not the other way around.

When I was a kid I never went to a restaurant until I was old enough to behave accordingly, I always had a babysitter when my folks would go out or we ate home cooked meals. When we did go to a restaurant I was expected to sit quietly,use my inside voice, & not make a fuss, or eat like an animal. If I misbehaved I was given one warning, if I did it again we left & I was sent to my room when we got home.

Even as a kid I was always very well behaved, I as a reserved, shy quiet kid & my parents as well as relatives say all the young people loved babysitting me because I was always to easy.

How does someone wearing yellow compare to NIP? Wearing a yellow shirt doesn't infringe on someone else's rights.
First of all, respect is something that is earned, not demanded. If you treat children disrespectfully they learn to NOT respect adults. Pretty simple really.

If everyday living wigs you out, you should get help. Or at least recognize that is YOUR problem and not anyone elses

I was a very easy child too....what does that have to do with anything? Some are, some arent...its life...you deal with it.

How does someone wearing yellow compare? Easy...neither has anything to do with you;) Its your right to like or not like it but it is in no way infringing on your "right" to not like it if someone does it.

milos_mommy

Just out of curiosity, DogDragonness, do you think people should refrain from eating meat in public in case they offend a vegetarian?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like. Like the diaper commercial with the lady who is NIP & tells the surprised waiter "hey buddy ... Eyes up here". Just like not everyone likes my dogs parents should know that not everyone likes their kid.

But I will give a Certian look to those parents, they usually rein their kids in fast or that mom NIP will keep her snide comment to herself, having dogs for years has made me a master of "the look" lol

when in public, you have every right to be offended. Nobody is infringing on anybody's rights. The more boobies in public I can see the better, get 'em out there. Noises??? ****, I didn't know noises would be involved too. Even better.

I find the notion that a infant receiving the most complete and perfect nutrition it could get can be viewed as offensive, well I find that offensive.

Just out of curiosity, DogDragonness, do you think people should refrain from eating meat in public in case they offend a vegetarian?
hell if someone is offended at the sounds (i've never really heard any) of a baby nursing they should definitely be offended at the sounds some people make when they're eating solid foods.... :rofl1:

It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like. Like the diaper commercial with the lady who is NIP & tells the surprised waiter "hey buddy ... Eyes up here". Just like not everyone likes my dogs parents should know that not everyone likes their kid.

But I will give a Certian look to those parents, they usually rein their kids in fast or that mom NIP will keep her snide comment to herself, having dogs for years has made me a master of "the look" lol
This doesnt even make any sense.

It's the mothers attitude of "it's not illegal so too ****ing bad" that I don't like.
well it's not illegal. if i had breasts, and a baby, i'd think "too effing bad" too toward someone who was offended by a feeding infant. they wouldn't need to take that "attitude" if people like you weren't constantly making snide little comments and flashing "looks" at them now would they?

what specifically about the act of feeding an infant is offensive? is it the fact that you see skin? surely no more than a lot of other people show who aren't nursing. is it the fact that a baby has a nipple in its mouth? that's natural and completely nonsexual. what is offending you and why?

what specifically about the act of feeding an infant is offensive? is it the fact that you see skin? surely no more than a lot of other people show who aren't nursing. is it the fact that a baby has a nipple in its mouth? that's natural and completely nonsexual. what is offending you and why?
You should feed with formula and gerber dammit. If ****ing caveman could exist on Gerber for thousands of years and modern people have survived on Gerber and formula up until the past 50 years or so when feeding this crazy breastmilk become the trendy thing to do, it should be good enough for all babies in public. :)

milos_mommy

No, not everyone likes your dogs...so does that mean you shouldn't be allowed to give them treats or food in public? Or you shouldn't take them to the park or a dog friendly store or walk them down the street? Or give them water to drink, since people might hear their lapping noises and be disgusted?

If someone really, really, really doesn't like dogs, they're not about to go hang out at petco or a dog-friendly beach. If someone doesn't like kids, they're not about to go hang out at the playground or chuck-e-cheese.

If you don't like dogs enough that it bothers you just to see one walking around or eating a treat in public, well, that's YOUR problem. (and plenty of people do have either a phobia or a serious dislike of dogs). The dog's owner isn't violating your rights by taking their dog places. Same as people taking their kids places and even feeding them in public - breastfeeding or not. If you don't want to be eating in public around kids - don't go to a family-friendly restaurant at 5pm.

I do agree parents shouldn't bring their kids to a restaurant if the kids can't sit still, keep their voices down, and eat with proper manners - but none of that applies to a breastfeeding infant. Would you rather be in public with a woman who's feeding her child quietly (and dear god, if you can hear "noises" coming from a feeding infant, unless your ear is right up to the woman's chest or you're sitting next to her in a dead-silent library, something is VERY wrong) or a woman who's making her infant wait to eat because she's been ridiculed for feeding it in public, and now it's screaming bloody murder?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I KNEW I should have posted "In before this becomes another breastfeeding debate thread!"

Now I'm just going to have to drop in here with reaction gifs.

Like this.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
What kind of dreadful person prides themselves on scaring mothers into reeling in their children or hurting peoples feelings with a singular look?

You probably should avoid public settings where tolerance and common decency are expected, you sound like you're not suited for it.

Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.
My SIL lived in San Antonio and I know several others that live or lived there. I would bet a nice amount of money there is way more NIP going on than you think....its usually very hard to notice

You dont see how food compares to food??? really?

Members online

No members online now.