Is your dog a wimp?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Chevelle is the kind of dog that if you raise your voice, she cowers, but she can run side first into a metal pole and keep running...or split open her ear and not even notice.
One thing I love about Fable's temperament is that if I say, "Fable, no!" (I usually try redirection rather than "scolding" but if she's wrestling my tiny cat, no, I'm not patient about that) she reacts with excitement, stops what she's doing and comes barreling into me. :D

Millie, on the other hand. . .the most stoic dog I've ever had when it comes to pain, but if she thinks I might be displeased IT IS THE END OF THE WORRRRLLLLD. I never scold Millie, but even if I just withhold a reward and keep on talking happily to her she takes it hard. :(

seashells

I've only had two poms so that's probably not a good sample size to judge them all by...but as a breed they seem to be "drama queens." ;)

Tyrion's barking at thunder as I'm typing this post. Yesterday I dropped the end of his leash when I brought him inside after a walk, and he flipped out about the scary black rope thing that was "chasing" him wherever he went. If it's windy and a leaf moves, he barks at it. If something is sitting on the floor that is not normally there, he is terrified of it.

Once I was eating a bag of chips with hummus, and I guess the crinkling on the bag scared him, because from then on he has decided containers of hummus are a terrifying evil that must be barked at.

Yet he's not remotely concerned about the angry flurry of hissing teeth and claws that is in his face every time he tries chasing my younger cat.

Toller_08

Not to an extreme. Dance can be a little wimpy. She screams like she's being murdered when I do her nails, and sometimes she'll panic and squeak for a second if something pokes or sticks to her, but she recovers quickly.

Keira is kind of a wuss. After her spay, the thing that bothered her the most was where the IV went into her wrist, haha. She wouldn't walk on that leg properly for a couple of days. And if she gets an injury or if I accidentally quick her nails, she'll lick it and look all sad, but she's not one to yelp or make an obvious big deal of things.

Ripley isn't overly wimpy. He's similar to Keira in that if he gets injured he'll lick and look sad, but I've only ever heard him yelp over something once. He's whined and moaned for different things, but mostly because he's dramatic rather than an actual wimp.

The only things the Dobermans are truly wimpy about is yelling. Which we really don't do often, but I've accidentally yelled at the dogs before out of frustration and the Dobes start quivering and looking all freaked out instantly. They're very soft that way. They're only bothered by yelling if it's coming from somebody they know and trust, though. Strangers yelling upsets them in other ways (puts them on alert and in a more protective mode).

Paige

Let it be
Bandit is a wimp about everything. Physical pain and god forbid he displease you. He acts like the world is ending,

Doberluv

Chulita is pretty much a wimp. She's become more wimpy as she's aged. Jose` has a few little things he may be very slightly timid about, but over all, no...he's not a wimp. Chulita needs a little sympathy and encouragement when she's feeling particularly wimpy. lol. Poor old gal.

DenoLo

Lola's not really a wimp in most ways, but if I try to let her drag a leash no matter if it's the lightest leash in the world, doesn't matter if it's a dental floss leash-- she acts like I've put a ball and chain on her.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Neither Suzie or Jack is a wimp. Suzie gets hit all the time by stray wiffle balls or basketballs because she refuses to stay in the safe parts of the yard. I've seen Jack run full speed into the metal pole of the basketball hoop and I don't think he even blinked.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Voodoo is a Drama Queen. He's not a wimp: I've seen him take injuries without even blinking. There are just certain times when he decides that gasping and swooning is necessary.

Once, Voodoo decided to be a Drama Queen about getting blood drawn for heartworm testing. Never mind that he's done it every year before that without a problem. The vet squirted the leg with some kind of saline or antiseptic solution, started to insert the needle, and Voodoo screeched and carried on like he was being tortured. The vet waited a minute, squirted more liquid, and tried again. Still got the "Agony Agony Agony!" response. On the third try, Voodoo started squalling as soon as he felt the liquid. The liquid! Yeah....that was one of those days where I wanted to pretend that he was somebody else's dog. :rolleyes:

Zeus may be a big gentle baby, but aside from his fear of thunder, there isn't a wimpy bone in his body. I've never even seen this dog flinch. Our vet once remarked that you could probably neuter Zeus without anesthesia, and he wouldn't make a peep.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Gracie runs and hides in her crate if you even so much as look at her cross eyed. She's not so much a wimp when it comes to physical things (except for rain, snow, or cold), but she cannot STAND negative emotion.

Cooper is a wimp. He screams if you accidentally touch him when he's not expecting it.

Cynder just looks pathetic, but she's not wimpy. And Chloe isn't a wimp, she's a bitch. LOL

Members online

No members online now.