Yay for progress!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I feel like I'm all of a sudden having a bunch of little training break-throughs with Juno. I don't know WHY things seem to be suddenly coming together--I think in the past training her always seemed like more of a chore and I'd get frustrated more easily, and I'm trying to just keep it more enjoyable... so perhaps that's why. But anyway.

I've been able to call her when she's off-leash and have her actually remain nearby:
YouTube - Juno off leash

She's learning to close cabinets! Hooray, useful skills.
YouTube - Juno closes a cabinet

The mat work is coming along very nicely. This is where we were at when I started our 3rd session of this:
YouTube - Mat work

And minutes later in that same session, we had progressed to a relaxed down:
YouTube - Relaxing on mat

Unfortunately my phone only takes 30 second videos (really awful quality as well, I'm sorry lol) so it doesn't get showcased, but along with being rolled on one hip, I also have her resting her head down. Which was never my intention but she offered it once, I marked it, and she decided to keep offering it lol so I just ran with it. That's like the epitome of RELAXED though for her, so I'll be really happy with this if we can just work on duration.

ALSO. I was so proud of her today. LLW with distractions is still quite a work in progress. Mostly just around dogs. We went for a walk tonight and there was a chihuahua off-leash in her yard, who ran to the edge of the yard barking at us when we walked past. I just kept clicking and treating Juno and she paid no attention to the dog, which is a HUGE deal for her. I mean normally the sight of a dog just standing there drives her nuts, a dog running around barking at her is a hard one to ignore. Inevitably, the owner yelling at this dog to stay in the yard did not work, so the dog came running after us (good thing that dog was friendly, and maybe more important, good thing Juno is friendly). I stopped and waited so this person could get their dog back, and Juno just stood by my side showing hardly any interest in this dog. I was so impressed!! Even if it's just a one time thing, it's the first time she's remained so calm, so I'm happy about it!

filarotten

Fila the love
Juno is doing wonderful. I love her closing the cabinet. She seems to be enjoying herself, that helps alot with training.

MPP

petperson
Maybe the connections are finally being made. She sure seemed to be enjoying herself with the training, and that probably makes all the difference.

Members online

No members online now.