Hi all!

jwong309

New guy here. I am 26 years old and am in the market for a new companion so I signed up for this site for research purposes. I grew up with a dalmation, who passed away 4 years ago at nearly 14 years old. For a while I could not imagine myself ever wanting another dog because I felt none could "replace" my childhood friend. However, the last few years i realized my love for canines is insatiable, i will always love my girl Traci but will acquire new memories with a new companion while cherishing the past. So here i am! :)

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! It's great that you are looking for a new friend do you think you want to rescue or buy from a breeder? I'm sure you'll learn a lot here and i hope you enjoy the forum :D

gradyupmybutt

Gone to the dawgs
Welcome!!!!!!! I hope you find your new companion soon. You'll never be able to "replace" Traci because she was one of a kind. I can guarantee you you'll find a new & wonderful companion in their own right. When I got Grady I kept comparing him to my heart girl, Lucy. It took a while for me to realize that I was doing Grady a disservice. It was then that I got to know him for the GREAT dog that he has turned into.

jwong309

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and kind words. I already AM learning a lot from this site. I already spent hours scouring the different sections...now I have to get up and move around because my hands are getting cold. lol.

bubbatd

Welcome and I hope you find a furry friend soon . We never can replace but my Ollie is proof of opening a heart to another .

Hi and welcome to Chaz! This is a great place to learn and get support as well. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable so you're in the right place. How exciting to be getting a new friend!

Members online

No members online now.