I'm Growing Disappointed

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I just really don't understand why this man should be such an important element of discussion in the realm of dog training. 99 percent of the country never heard of him. I decided to google him, so I googled what I thought were two pertinent searches: '"Martin Richling" dog' and '"Martin Richling" train'. The information on him on the web is paltry at best, he is not famous and certainly not famous enough to be a comparative to Bill Clinton as was mentioned earlier. The links that came up were his own, a push for his book and the rest were simply forum posts like the ones here on Chaz, good and bad. So what's the big production? Pushing him here on Chaz is just not that beneficial to his future fame, since a lot of the posts that respond are not positive. If Martin Richling is trying to increase his fame, Chaz is probably not the best place to come and do that. At least when we argue Cesar and don't agree with him, the majority of people who own dogs know who he is. He's famous. Richling is not, except for what appears to be a kind of cult following. He's not going to get famous showing up on message boards that are predominantly positive-training-driven in a bunch of different Screen names, calling everybody stupid and telling everybody he knows everything there is to know about everything.

DanL

Ron, I understand hunting. My brother has every deer tag you can get here. He's a good shot and an experienced hunter. Sometimes even the experts miss. I'm not against hunting at all. I enjoy the benefits of him hunting with good meat for both me and the dogs. Since Blue doesn't hunt, it's a moot point.

I was taught to shoot by the USMC and try to shoot regularly. I believe in the 1 shot 1 kill principle. While AKs make poor hunting rifles against bear and moose, teach me the kill shot and I have one AK that I can put it in the proper place at 300 yards. The other 2 AKs I own arent as accurate. I carry an AK and a Glock on the rivers here because they will fire in adverse conditions, and in the AKs advantage it has a 30 round mag.

I beleive positive training is better than adversive training. I go with what I think will work in a given situation, be it training or firearms.

The bullet in my sig is a 7.62x39 that feeds my AKs and SKS, for those that hadnt been following along.

Jammies

I give up. I never said or even implied MR was as famous as Clinton/Milan....I was using the analogy that what Clinton did outside the Oval Office (ie, Monika, etc.) had no bearing on what people thought of him as a President in many cases. I know many people who still wish he were in office. Just as whatever may be in MR's past would be irrelevant to him as a trainer unless it were directly related to dog training. That was the point.

I will now leave you to revel in your own self-righteous arrogance. You do yourselves no favors as this is totally off-putting. It is also a very dangerous and destructive mind set. It doesn't take long to see that this is a public forum only if you agree with and revere the all-knowing top dogs on here. I do want to thank the ones who were at least polite.

St. Paul (a murderer and inmate at times) and Jesus Christ himself (convicted and crucified with criminals) could not qualify to discuss anything with this group since dogs are not looked on so kindly in the Book they promoted. And NO, I am not now comparing MR to Jesus Christ....get a grip. Just a situational circumstance.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Oh come on Blue. Consider it a family fight. Listen, you can call me anything you want but when somebody else does it.....

kinda like that.

ron

southern fried mush
I meant to add that while I have a fondness for the .308, most hunters I know hunt with a scoped .243. Not as heavy a bullet and very accurate. And I guess the point I was trying to make in the unfair characterization of Blue as a hunter allowing an animal to suffer in misery doesn't jibe with what I know about hunting and hunters.

Members online

No members online now.