Acrylic Golden Retriever

Brandyb

Just finished this painting for my very first show/display at an event. I'm pretty excited. I got a booth at a dog park opening in Brantford, ON this Saturday coming up, and am hoping to get some more clients, and sell some previsouly finished work that day. I have no idea what to expect ... should be fun though, and my little JRT will be joining me that day to keep me company. :)
Thanks for looking! :)

Draker

Looking good.

Hey this came out great! I think it's neat you entered into a show. That can be intimadating. I like the eyes a lot. You captured the darks and lights nicely. Great line work. I can tell you have a understanding in thin and thick line work and how important it can be.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HOpe you do well in the show! This is a great ice breaker.;)

Dreyfus_Fang

Crazy Person + Dog = Love
Huge fan of the eyes and shading!! Quite realistic, nice line work.

^^ I luffs it! -snuggles canvas-

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
so when is your show? ANd have you checked out any of the compititions? There is one at the whicita dog show called ART SHOW at the DOG show or something like that. THere is some substantial prize money. I am entering a drawing i did of Bonnie in next year's compitition.

Brandyb

Thank you all for the comments and compliments, I really appriciate it. :)
This one was such fun to do, I'm really enjoying the painting now that I'm back into ... I'm actually enjoying it more than drawing right now!
Smkie the "show" was this past Saturday. It was a little lacking in patrons, but it was an interesting first experience. It was a dog park grand opening, as well as a celebration dog fesitval. I seemed to have quiet a few people interested, and I sold 4 "Dog Park" prints, ($5 from each was donated to the park). I guess it wasn't really a show, more of an event, a few vendors and a flyball demo.
Actually, when we (Brandy and I) first set up,she caught a glimpse of the flyball demo area, which had similar fencing around it to the ones that we use at the JRT trials and fun days. Well, I suppose that she thought it was the racing chute, and boy did she scream for the first 15 minutes! LOL, I'm there trying not to let her look in that direction, and telling the guy beside me that "oh, she's never like this, she's normally really well behaved". Hehehe, I don't think he believed me at first, but thank God she settled after a little while.
We have an event in Toronto called Woofstock, and I've love to get a booth there, but it's way out of my price range. I started going to Woofstock with the dogs and my hubby when it first started, and it has grown into such a huge event that I believe that they had to move it from its original location.
I'd love to see the picture that you are entering in that show. I hope that you do well!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.