Shelties

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Now you're not playing fair! :p

The merles are really growing on me lately in general. My favorites are still the bi-blacks. But the mahogany sables like Trey and Pepper are a very close second.

Is he technically a tri merle? It almost looks like he has really muddied points.
He's considered a bi-blue merle, his dad was a bi-black and his mum was a tri merle.

The breeder he's from produces quite a few bi-blacks. I think a bi-black would be my first choice, then tri, then merle, then sable.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well if you have any breeder recommendations... They're my small dog option at the moment.

I love tris in papillons but am not so keen on it in shelties for some reason. I kinda hope my next sheltie is not a sable just because all my shelties have been sables. But I don't really care all that much.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh gosh, Trey <3 <3

I would offer out Payton to be borrowed until he finishes driving you all crazy, but I took him out in the backyard today going WE ARE TEACHING YOU AGILITY FOR REALS, RIGHT NOW, STARTING TODAY, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY HAVING WITHDRAWLS and he knocked my socks off. So I think I kinda like him. I guess I might keep him a while longer.

Barbara!

Just dropping in to say that their fur gives me the heebie jeebies. I have nothing productive to add. Lol.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh gosh, Trey <3 <3
I'll be honest in that I miss him more than any of my other dogs. He was such a good boy.

I'd like to retry the breed now that I... have a better idea of what I'm doing, lol.

I would offer out Payton to be borrowed until he finishes driving you all crazy, but I took him out in the backyard today going WE ARE TEACHING YOU AGILITY FOR REALS, RIGHT NOW, STARTING TODAY, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY HAVING WITHDRAWLS and he knocked my socks off. So I think I kinda like him. I guess I might keep him a while longer.
I would take a Payton clone in an instant. And he's handsome to boot!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Just dropping in to say that their fur gives me the heebie jeebies. I have nothing productive to add. Lol.
It's about the same as any other longhaired breed. :confused:

If you don't poof them out:

But I guess I can't talk. Poodle fur kind of weirds me out.

Barbara!

It's about the same as any other longhaired breed. :confused:

If you don't poof them out:

But I guess I can't talk. Poodle fur kind of weirds me out.
I guess just the dryness of it kind of makes me squirm. I can't touch cotton balls either, it gives me chills. I'm the same way with Pomeranians. Yeah, idk. Lol.

Brattina88

I never see them around here except for dog events. I know of two and one is my friends mother-in-law, she owns a pet sitting business and has one names Cody. I would love love love to have another, I would never pick on color alone but man oh man I've fallen for the merles first and bi-blacks second :p

I love Bailey like crazy, quirkiness and all, and I love her enthusiasm, energy, and humor :) the barking (to me) is manageable and it doesn't bother me. I keep saying my next dog should be an Aussie, but realistically it'd probably be a sheltie pup after Maddie

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I guess just the dryness of it kind of makes me squirm. I can't touch cotton balls either, it gives me chills. I'm the same way with Pomeranians. Yeah, idk. Lol.
I have weird texture issues with a lot of the non-shed coats, so I do understand some. They just never feel clean to me and I dont know why.

Brattina, we need Bailey pics! :D

Jenne

Ball Thrower
I have weird texture issues with a lot of the non-shed coats, so I do understand some. They just never feel clean to me and I dont know why.

Brattina, we need Bailey pics! :D
I'm like that with a lot of the curly coats myself. They just feel dirty.

Also, I think a lot of the collies/shelties aren't as popular because the new generations of dog owners didn't really grow up with Lassie. They are more used to dalmations, labs, and other types of dogs.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I wanted a collie because of Reveille. I didn't even know about Lassie as a kid.

I am still waiting for Bailey pics. :D

Also, I think a lot of the collies/shelties aren't as popular because the new generations of dog owners didn't really grow up with Lassie. They are more used to dalmations, labs, and other types of dogs.
Neither Collies or shelties are terribly common in this area. I have a few 4 month old rough collie babies right now, and every time i take them to work with me or to petsmart or just out in public (usually take at least 2 at a time).. I get so many comments from people... like "Oh, I haven't ever seen a Collie puppy before" or "so cute, it's been years since I've seen a Collie"

Just don't seem them that often. I think we have maybe 3 shelties that come in for grooming... and 2 or 3 Collies I've groomed over the last year for other people.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't see collies at all either around here outside of dog events.

It's very interesting how different the demographics are between pets and then agility dogs in the area.

Members online