Double dewclaw breed people

Tazwell

I really want footwear for Fleetwood. Badly. He has injured his feet twice on hard terrain, and begins to limp very quickly in the snow because of the buildup between his toes.

I really like Muttluks and Ruffwear boots, but even though they are a comfy fit, they are compressing his rear dewclaws and causing discomfort. The straps are always wrapped right around his dewclaws, that's just where it sits.

Is there a way to fit double dewclaw dogs with boots?!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
With corgis, boots always sit right at the knuckle and then slide down.

There was someone who bought the Ruffwear boots for her corgi, removed the strap, and re attached it further down the bootie. If you aren't able to do this, you could probably take it to an alteration shop and they'd be able to give you a price quote for it.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Here is a picture:

You could probably do the same thing, just move the strap below the dews.

With corgis, boots always sit right at the knuckle and then slide down.

There was someone who bought the Ruffwear boots for her corgi, removed the strap, and re attached it further down the bootie. If you aren't able to do this, you could probably take it to an alteration shop and they'd be able to give you a price quote for it.
That's what I was thinking, if you or someone you know sews just remove and reattach the strap, although I would have to say for rear dews it would probably be better to move them up instead of down, I don't know exactly how much clearance you have with his But I don't think I could get a strap under Enda's without them sliding off the foot.

Members online

No members online now.