The Good News thread

milos_mommy

Tanya, that's great!

My Good Newses:

I saw my old best friend and two other close friends who I only get to see a few times a year (one of them I haven't seen in over a year!) the other night and it made me SO happy.

One of my other friends, who has a baby daughter, (unfortunately) split up with her fiancee, but that means (fortunately) she is moving closer to me!!

One of my OTHER friends who moved to DC a few years ago has been really nice checking in on me while I'm pregnant, and she's been a substitute teacher for the past year, and just let me know she's getting a job subbing an engineering class until the end of school!

I've gotten a lot more work from one of my favorite clients.

I've been keeping up fairly well with my New Year's Resolutions.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
More of an amusing happening than good news but I just had "a conversation" with a cat :p I meowed... it meowed back... I meowed again... and it meowed back again. :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
6 more hours till I get off work!

LOL sorry, sitting here on my lunch break and trying to be positive about the afternoon ahead of me. I have tomorrow off so I wanna be done!

Actually, some legit good news is that Happy went down the stairs of her own accord today. Normally I've had to guide her down by her collar. She couldn't figure out how to get back up them... but hopefully that'll come soon.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie was all put back straight at the rehab vet today. She got chiro and laser and massage and a couple traumeel injections. Plus there's no issue in her tricep anymore and were to just continue with the stretching and conditioning =)

And now we're going to meet up with someone who has something tricolor and fuzzy =)

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
More of an amusing happening than good news but I just had "a conversation" with a cat :p I meowed... it meowed back... I meowed again... and it meowed back again. :p
I do that all the time with my cat. He doesn't talk to anyone else. It makes me feel special. (And also crazy.) :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The guy who's working with us on our new website design is SO nice... or maybe he's just glad that whenever he and I talk without the owners involved, we are both speaking design language and get a lot accomplished, so he's happy to talk to me, LOL. He's even taking a few minutes to teach me some cool new stuff too.

My job is sooooo awesome. <3 <3

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
It is so nice to actually have a plan for your future, and not only know what you want to be when you grow up, but know that it is something you can succeed at, is obtainable, and will give you (mostly) the freedom to live the lifestyle you want.

Hooray for growing up. (I think this is going to be the only time I'll ever say that.)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My husband just received a massive raise! So, on top of already being ecstatic about going to Peru, I'm now over the moon :D

Yay for trips and money! LOL.

SpringerLover

Good news: I've gotten a 100% on both med term quizzes so far. Also good news is that I like the majority of my classes!

Bad news: I got a 72% on my first algebra test... mrrg.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I love cooking with Hannah. It's fun for both of us, she's a good helper and there are lots of lessons contained in cooking a meal like math and science.

Today we are making chili (it's in the crock pot now). Hannah cut up the green peppers herself (well I cut it into slices and she cut the slices), helped open and rinse the beans and such, I cooked the hamburger while she watched and we talked about how applying heat to the ground beef changes it, and she put all the seasonings in.

Plus, I can't wait to eat chili for dinner LOL. :rofl1:

tzigane

I love cooking with Hannah. It's fun for both of us, she's a good helper and there are lots of lessons contained in cooking a meal like math and science.

Today we are making chili (it's in the crock pot now). Hannah cut up the green peppers herself (well I cut it into slices and she cut the slices), helped open and rinse the beans and such, I cooked the hamburger while she watched and we talked about how applying heat to the ground beef changes it, and she put all the seasonings in.

Plus, I can't wait to eat chili for dinner LOL. :rofl1:
I love everything about this!

Locke

Went to the vet last night, and as we were leaving, my vet noticed Matrix was overdue for vaccines. He asked if we had discussed not doing vaccines because of his epilepsy or if I just opt not to do them, and I said I opt out and he was totally cool with it. I love my vet!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I got two sets of flannel sheets yesterday, and a new pair of shoes for $50. So happy. (And, and, and one of the sets of flannel sheets has SOCK MONKEYS on it! :D)

Andddd. I'm getting promoted to full time and getting put on the payroll (I was a contract worker). I was also told today that I'm a "valued employee".

Oh, and I scored an awesome treadmill for nothin'! I'm feeling like a winner. Now if only I could find a house at that great of a deal...

k9krazee

I started the day working with my hubby-to-be and even though we work together every day it's an extra special treat when we get to actually work with the same family/situation together instead of doing our own things in close proximity. To top it off I received $50 in a thank you note from a family!

And a rowing machine arrived on my doorstep this morning!!! I can't wait to go home & start using it.

Members online

No members online now.