We just can't win, and this is why breed ID is important

S

SevenSins

I'm sure that by now, everyone knows about the little boy who was recently apparently mauled by a "Retriever mix" while the father was asleep in another room.

Let's review the articles, shall we? The first one shows a photo of the ACTUAL DOG involved in the incident.

This article has a grand total of three replies. Here are the first two:

Now, the second one doesn't use a photo of the actual dog involved in the incident. It also has NINE PAGES OF REPLIES. Would the class like to try and guess why?

Teal

...ice road...
My favourite part of this is - if you actually read the article, it entirely conflicts itself.

First, it says the boy died at the hospital.

Then, it says they hope the autopsy will determine if the boy was ALIVE or DEAD at the time of the dismemberment.

Make up your minds, yall.

And I won't even comment on the FLAMING IDIOT who says the dog is "at least half pit bull" .....

P.S. - One other thing I just thought of. Doesn't that dog look awfully CLEAN to have just chewed off the leg of a child?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well yah, cause "dog eats leg of deal child" just doesn't sound as exciting! :p :rolleyes:

ETA: I sure hope they are questioning the father in this... Why was he napping while his 2 MONTH old was out with the dog? Especially of a crying baby wouldn't wake him up...

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Would someone mind posting the links? I can't view the thumb nails on my blackberry.

Freehold

What a horrific situation, but it really does make you wonder why the baby was left alone in a way that they dog could get it. Did the dog take the baby from the crib/cradle? How could the father sleep through this? Possibly the baby was already dead... maybe not by natural means... I mean, what dad could sleep through the sounds of a baby screaming as a dog attacked it? A two month old baby can't even DO anything to a dog to make it want to come after it... The whole story makes no sense. Maybe the baby was dead at the house, but the parents claimed it was alive so the cops wouldn't start looking at why it was already dead... Just too fishy to me.

Paige

Let it be
I agree with what a lot of you have said. Something stinks about that story and it isn't people thinking that retriever mix is part pit bull.

Very sad story.
This dog is definitly not a bully mix.Funny,it make me think of a golden/BC mix that you see so often,in flyball.

I will relate a true story that happened in Fr,yrs ago.
A GSD was left in a car with a baby.
They suppose that the baby began to scream and as the dog couldn't move away,he killed him.
Babies are extremely loud when they cry and it can be painful to the dog's ear.

BTW,any dog(whatever the breed) can bite!.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
This reminds me of another news story a few years back. I can't remember the breed of dog(dachsund comes to mind but I could be wrong) it was a small breed anyway. The father and girlfriend were asleep or high or something in the bedroom and the baby was on the couch. Only a few months old too if I remember correctly. The dog ate through the diaper and then chewed the boys genitles off. The speculation was that the baby had pooped in his diaper and that is what got the dog interested in the first place. Maybe that was what attracted the dog in this case as well. I don't know though. So much of the story seems not to make sense as others have stated. All I know is that any breed or mix breed can go after a baby. Hence why they should never be left unsupervised.

The baby was supposedly in a swing from what I read when if first came out. Perhaps it kicked this dog into "prey" drive.
They had only had the dog a couple of weeks as well.
But, clearly we should ban the media and not Pit Bulls. It's bigotry through and through.

Lisa

Bunny82

Does anyone but me notice how in all these cases where dogs allegedly maul these babies the parent or whoever is watching the baby "sleeps through the incident". Not buying it. These poor babies are having something very horrible happen and I got a gut feeling that the real monsters have two legs...

Members online

No members online now.