Some Dog Owners are so Rude !!

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
I was walking Harley this morning, when I see this man with a really big dog. I try to walk by them, when Harley starts sniffing the other dog, I was still walking and Harley was doing the walk'n'sniff. Being polite, I say, "Hello! Nice morning, isn't it"? Then, his dog goes balistic and starts lunging at Harley and this man can barely keep him under control! So, Harley starts yipping back, and I'm like, "Harley, NO! COME!" So, he was like to me, "Why did you do that? You just upset my dog"! And I was so mad because like, what did I do?! So I said, "Sorry, Mister, but you should get your dog under control". And I left. I was so furious !! :mad:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Sorry but it annoys me to when people just let their dogs come up to mine without asking first. Now you know his dog isn't friendly with others, but you should have asked to let Harley sniff his dog first.

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
Oh, I didn't mention that I was still walking, did I? I was kind of walking when Harley was sniffing lol... Walk'n'sniff... :) I'll edit it

Giny

You should still restrain your dog during a walk when approaching another dog in your direction. You can never tell whether it's a friendly dog or not. Just like I've taught my son to ask the owner before petting a dog, I also ask the owner if it's ok for my dog to approach another dog.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LOL oops ok that makes more sense! :) The man should've said something once he noticed your dog sniffing his. Somthing like "Could you please keep your dog away, mine isn't too dog friendly." or somthing. that would've been more responsible, but you probably still should've been further.

Either way bad experiences are always bad for both ends :( I'm sorry harley got scared.

bubbatd

Being a Grammy , I just don't take chances. I'd have my dog heel and sit until they pass. I trust my dog and our reactions ... but not those of a stranger and their dog. ( I don't go the size either !)

I can't help but think this guy was a bit of a jerk. Chi is borderline dog aggressive. She is fine as long as she is allowed to approach a dog on her terms. We are still working on this - and probably always be working on it :) But I know my dog, I know how she reacts. If I see someone approaching with another dog, I will take it upon myself to cross the street and if I can't, I put her in a heel and hold the leash and do my best to keep her attention on me and the hotdogs in my hand :) I also make sure to let people know that she's not so nice to other dogs sometimes. That is the least this guy could have done. On the other hand if an individual chose not to heed my warning, I would be highly ticked off. Because they didn't want to listen to a warning, we could face a major setback in her training.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Chithedobe said:
I can't help but think this guy was a bit of a jerk. Chi is borderline dog aggressive. She is fine as long as she is allowed to approach a dog on her terms. We are still working on this - and probably always be working on it :) But I know my dog, I know how she reacts. If I see someone approaching with another dog, I will take it upon myself to cross the street and if I can't, I put her in a heel and hold the leash and do my best to keep her attention on me and the hotdogs in my hand :) I also make sure to let people know that she's not so nice to other dogs sometimes. That is the least this guy could have done. On the other hand if an individual chose not to heed my warning, I would be highly ticked off. Because they didn't want to listen to a warning, we could face a major setback in her training.
I agree. Zeus has a bit of alpha in him when it comes to other dogs, and does not like other male dogs with the same alpha attitude. I always keep him close when I see another dog coming, until I can determine whether or not Zeus will be friendly to them. I figure it's my responsibility to keep my dog under control.

Last edited:

Athebeau

I agree with everyone else.

I too have a dog aggressive Rottweiler, I feel it's "my" responsibility to keep control of "my" dog when out in public. It's not your fault Sirius that this man doesn't take responsibility for "his" dogs actions. I would give a friendly reminder to someone like that, that they are walking a future lawsuit!

For myself, I make sure that my dog aggressive dog is muzzled in public areas. I make sure I find places to hike where nobody goes with their dogs....it's my responsibility not the person with the nice friendly dog to make sure that the friendly dog is safe.

RoxyBoxer

I dont know honestly if Roxy would ever 'attack' another dog that 'invaded' her space but I dont take the chance I always tell people with dogs that she doesnt play well with others just on the slight chance she gets upset with another dog sniffing her. Your not in the wrong here really dogs like to smell everything its what they do. ive had one guy just let his dog run up to Roxy she was in heat to :s and i kinda flipped out and told the guy to get his dog away from mine

RoxyBoxer

on a second note I hate how it gives boxers and rotts and pittbulls expecially a bad look because we dont let our dogs run loose..not that all others do..just its generally known that our 'big scary' (ahha roxy scary :) ) dogs are kept well under control becuase there 'dangerous' some people tick me off sometimes they purposly will walk waaayyy around roxy and kia or tell there kids not to pet her :( even though she loves kids and the most harmful she can be is when she decides they need a tounge bath :D

Gempress said:
I agree. Zeus has a bit of alpha in him when it comes to other dogs, and does not like other male dogs with the same alpha attitude. I always keep him close when I see another dog coming, until I can determine whether or not Zeus will be friendly to them. I figure it's my responsibility to keep my dog under control.
I'm the same way, only Tank has a HUGE bit of alpha in him. He usually does ok with other dogs as long as they know there place as far as he is concerned, but I always pull him close and double wrap the leash around my hands when we get around other dogs. Since he could do alot of damage real fast I know the burden is on me to control my dog.

Members online

No members online now.