If Your Posts Don't Show Up

Got 'em.

The system is being worked on and is requiring way more than tweaking. We had an owner who, unbeknownst to us, dumped us well over a year ago and evidently had some people twiddling with the site who were, well, less than competent. Digging out all the kluges and various FUBARs is taking a lot longer than expected.

And then there's the changing of the servers :eek:
Thanks.

Oh, and tell me about a forum out there who doesn't change servers often. It's like the rest of technology, the moment you upgrade, you're outdated! lol

So, I'm going to give it a little bit longer, but it seems I'm still missing a couple posts? I hope they didn't get trashed! Took me a half hour to write the one!

There's a long one in the thread on vomiting and digestion? Is that the one that was missing?

If not, give me an idea of what threads they might have been in so I can look through for soft deletes. I think I'm the only mod who can do full deletes. I think. That kind of stuff has been wonky, too.

There's a long one in the thread on vomiting and digestion? Is that the one that was missing?

If not, give me an idea of what threads they might have been in so I can look through for soft deletes. I think I'm the only mod who can do full deletes. I think. That kind of stuff has been wonky, too.
That's it! But, I'll have to go look, I made another post in my intro thread that said "needs mod", and that thread isn't popping up in my "new posts" :(. Hmm...

EDIT: Okay, the one in my intro is up! :)

I think things like ~ in a screenname tend to trigger the filters. Or strange combinations of letters, since a lot of the spam is characterized by that. Most of it's either bot generated or it comes from places where English is unfamiliar.

I think things like ~ in a screenname tend to trigger the filters. Or strange combinations of letters, since a lot of the spam is characterized by that. Most of it's either bot generated or it comes from places where English is unfamiliar.
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry about that, that is how I first made my user name years ago, and I love the little "~" things :p.

Members online

No members online now.