So my dog was drunk and I was worried...

Dekka

Just try me..
.... and a little amused.

More worried though. I left a milk based (low fat mudslide) drink on my desk to go do something with Darien.

I have been watching her all evening as I was worried that amount of alcohol to such a small animal could be dangerous. She seems fine now, still a little tipsy but much better.

I made some icepups (flavoured water for dogs) to get her to hydrate herself. I fed her as well to help dilute the alcohol in her belly and slow the absorption. Anything else I could do for her?

She was a bit staggery, it was really noticeable when she went to go up or down stairs, jump up on something or try to stand on her back legs (things that happen with a high degree of frequency) Her tail also wagged non stop, NOT normal for her. If I pick her up she goes even more limp noodle than normal and REALLY wants to kiss.

Sigh.. I think she is fine, but vibes and suggestions?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Gempress' VooDoo once infamously finished a bottle of tequila unbeknownst to them, until they found him passed out with the empty bottle and a hangover the next morning.

I'm sure she'll be fine. I'd be more concerned about the amount of dairy, just in terms of potential diarrhea.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thanks Zoom. She gets a fair amount of cheese in her life so she is acclimatized to lactose. That isn't to say she won't be a stinky farty bed warmer tonight (eweww)

Sadly no I don't have any Renee, I used to have these special dog 'cookies' that were primarily activated charcoal but haven't been able to find them in forever.

You might want to feed her red meat tomorrow since alcohol depletes B vitamins from the body.

I need to go by the pharmacy and get another bottle of activated charcoal tablets. Weirdly, the dogs will eat them like treats????? :dunno:

Teal

...ice road...
I doubt that inducing vomiting at this point would help? She's probably absorbed most of it by now.

I think she should be fine! It sounds mean to ask.. but did you get video? lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Good call on the B vitamins. Bulk barn... hmm will have to stop by and see. The JRTs will eat anything but the whippets won't.

Sadly no video. What is most shocking is her breath, I am not used to dog breath being flammable!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Wait, which dog was it? First I was imagining Dekka, then it seemed like it was Bounce lol.

A friends Lab mix got rip roaring drunk one night. It was our fault because we weren't finishing most of the beers once they got a little warm, and she was going around knocking them over on the patio and drinking them. We only noticed once she started staggering around :p

We gave her quite a bit of water and she drank all of it the next morning. It was all we could do to get her out from under the truck once the sun came out. Must have been a hell of a hangover. She was fine though, and it never did deter her from trying to steal other beers :p

milos_mommy

She was a bit staggery, it was really noticeable when she went to go up or down stairs

If I pick her up she goes even more limp noodle than normal and REALLY wants to kiss.
I read this and thought "the dog is the same kind of drunk that I am...."

StillandSilent

Back when I was fostering Grimm, he and I went to an apartment party. Apparenly he was walking around helping himself to all the mojitos that everyone kept setting down. Unfortunatly, mommy may have been a wee bit tipsy herself, and didn't figure it out until way too late.
We split a gatorade and called it a night!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Wait, which dog was it? First I was imagining Dekka, then it seemed like it was Bounce lol.

A friends Lab mix got rip roaring drunk one night. It was our fault because we weren't finishing most of the beers once they got a little warm, and she was going around knocking them over on the patio and drinking them. We only noticed once she started staggering around :p

We gave her quite a bit of water and she drank all of it the next morning. It was all we could do to get her out from under the truck once the sun came out. Must have been a hell of a hangover. She was fine though, and it never did deter her from trying to steal other beers :p
her dog = Dekka.

Yah, I asked the same thing when she told me... then as soon as I asked I was like "wait.. riiiight"

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes it was Dekka. Which is why I was so worried. 1/2 a drink is a lot when you only weight about 12 pounds!!

I got a fair bit of water into her before we went to bed (Ice pups made by honest kitchen is great stuff, its a powder you add to water to make a drink for dogs. Dekka would drink it till she was ready to burst) I also gave her a bunch in the morning.

She didn't seem to be hung over the next morning. Which is good, dont' think I would want to deal with a crankier than usual Dekka.

Members online

No members online now.