Womanly questions thread (possible TMI)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have some questions (maybe others might have similar issues) that since I have been taking vita C, this months ahh ... Aunt Flow, has (or is trying to, ) come early (my day 28 is Saturday) but I have started lightly bleeding today which is the earliest I have ever started.

I will be 31 on Wednesday so I don't know if its the C I have been taking, the fact that I am getting older or a combo of both. Anyone else have these issues?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I've never heard of vitamin C have any effect on your cycle but I could be wrong.
That said.. cycles get delayed for all kinds of reasons (stress?)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Is needing to get back on BC for obvious reasons, plus to help my hellacious periods.

But, that means I would have to go to the doctor AND to the gyno. Yuck.

Still exploring options, but leaning towards an IUD. Not sure if I would want to go with copper vs plastic.

Lyzelle

If you take a large enough dose, Vitamin C will induce bleeding at any point in your cycle. It is one of the first suggested home remedies for a late period. It does work, there is some science behind it...increases estrogen levels.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
If you take a large enough dose, Vitamin C will induce bleeding at any point in your cycle. It is one of the first suggested home remedies for a late period. It does work, there is some science behind it...increases estrogen levels.
This interesting and worth a shot. I haven't had a period since May 1st which isn't super unusual for me, but I might try this out.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am not taking a huge dose, I just take the recommended 2 per day currently per the label instructions It's weird because my cycles have prevously have been longer, but a few weeks or so ago I did double up because I was feeling sick.

Panzerotti

I am about to turn 33 and I have been having shorter cycles lately too. It is super annoying. I'm really getting tempted to go back on the pill, but it kind of creeps me out, sigh.

GipsyQueen

maybe Aunt Flo was going to come in early anyways - but since you are taking Vit.C she came MUCH earlier?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
No chance you could be pregnant...?

Can get spotting just before a due period date. Plus the sickness feeling.

If you are regular like clockwork, there's been no medication change, no undue stress, no major life events and deffo sure not pregnant then I would just keep an eye on it. I certainly wouldn't be too worried at this point though, as our bodies like to do these things. There's no reason at all your body should be changing its cycle because you're in your 30s, you're young yet. But your body will do its own thing, so thats not to say it can't happen.

If there's some major change to your usual cycle I'd make a dr appointment.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
No I am definitely not pregnant, I am now bleeding like a stuck pig :/ ... As in going through a super plus tampon every three hours or so :/ which is how it always is on the first "real" bleeding day. It wasn't spotting, it was more like light bleeding, like my body was "getting started" then suddenly the flow changes & goes heavy ... That's the way it's always been.

It was just a little weird because at the most I will be a fee days late.

Besides we use condoms correctly. every. Time.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I guess it's what it was lol.

When I mentioned feeling sick I meant like ... Sore throat, flu like symptoms a few weeks ago, I always double up on C when that happens.

I have also been having some personal problems both family & otherwise that have put me under stress ... So that may be some of it.

Members online

No members online now.