Update on Chief

Invisible

Well I haven't been here in a while so I thought I'd update you guys on Chief's progress. :)

When I last posted Chief knew: sit, lay, stay, come, leave it, drop it, and off.

Well I taught him a few tricks: Shake, speak, heel, and roll over. He is so smart when he isn't stubborn lol :p Anyways, I am doing NILIF with him and I'm working on teaching him "back" and "forward". He does good on "back" but forward seems trickyer.

I fattened him up some lol he still seems to be a bit skinny, but I think it's just cause we run together alot. Only when it's cool enough though, I promise! :D

Hmm......I should get some pics and post them later.
I hope everyones had fun this summer. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats to Chief for all he's learning! Can't wait to see the updated pics!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wow he's quite the clever dog! Roll over is one i have never taught..how'd you do it?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teaching Teddy roll over is hazardous to my health :D His legs are longer than my arms and i have to get too close to him and i always get scratched :mad: lol so yes how did you teach yours to roll over. :D

Invisible

Sorry I'm still working on the pictures.....it's too early right now.

To tell you the truth I think someone already taught (or at least started teaching him) speak and heel. He got those two really quickly!

But for roll over I had him lay down. Then I used a super yummy treat (He loves chicken :p) and I put it to the left side of his head. when he tried to turn his head to get it I moved it up and around (over the top of his head) and he sorta twisted to get the treat. It took me a while to get a good movement I guess, but eventually he went over to his side and then I used the treat to get him to turn his head more and made it so it was really close to his mouth where he would think "only a little further and I'll get it!" LOL and I just continued moving it around his body so he twisted all way around.

To get the idea I used this site.....it has a nice little video of the dog doing it, Even though you can tell the dog has been doing it for awhile...lol.
roll over

Invisible

[edit]I just posted some pics of Chief.
I figured if I put it in a new thread it would be easier for people to see them without having to scrool. :) [edit]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.