Announcing A Litter of Puppies Due

My German Shephard is due to litter out on September 16th.. She had nine puppies in her last litter.. All were healthy and vet certified... She is bred back to the same male and all prospects are good... The vet has said that she is doing fine with nothing to worry about. She is healthy and to expect a healthy litter of puppies... I am going to be a grandma again..:D

thanks.. Brittany. when she litters I will post some pics of the litter... I am a nervous nelly when it comes to my baby having babies... but she has done a great job in the past..

yes they are pics of the last litter.. both of them are boys. The boy on the left I nickname teddybear his weight at 8 weeks when sold was 25 lbs.. the one on the right I nicknamed him skyeyes . His eyes stayed green instead of turning brown... He was 22.5 lbs at 8 weeks... the girls in the litter was all about the same weight... 14 to 16 lbs at 8 weeks....

Yay, puppies! And by the looks of your pics, those are some awesome, beautiful, healthy puppies! I LOVE GSD's!!!! Have always wanted one!!!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly, and they all go to great homes.

25 lbs seem excessively large for an 8 week-old. Are the parents within the standard?

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Waits for pictures:)
I also agree 2 litters in one year back to back is hard on a moms body. Hope all is well!

The vet said that she has bounced back very well and is as healthy as a horse... Not to worry there should be no problems with the litter or mommy... She will take the next year off... Emma her daughter will be ready to breed by the time Momma gets bred again... The puppies come from some pretty large boned parents... Yes they are with-in the German Shepherd standards... Daddy is 80 lbs. Momma is 82 lbs...

Staff online

Members online