"Castle" .... Anyone watch it? What do you think of it?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I like the Beckett/castle relationship & the "chemistry" btw all the characters. I like it she a cast gets along in "real life" because I think it makes for a better show. When they can't or don't you can just tell.

Airn

I loved it until I realized its just a TV show. For some reason I didn't recognize Castle from Firefly and thought Richard Castle was an actual author.... I felt very dumb. Once Upon A Time is awesome. Second to Games of Thrones.

Fran27

I love Castle. One of my favorite shows. I caught it all up on Netflix 2 years ago and been watching every week since.

Sekah I laughed so hard when I saw the episode with that scene. The one from 3 weeks ago with the sci fi convention was a riot too.

I seem to remember something about Fox saying they'd never sell the rights, but my favorite author was ready to chip in with Fillon to buy Firefly.

An open letter to Nathan Fillion
Mr. Fillion,

First, I have to say that I admire your work. I’ve read many of your interviews and have come to respect you not only as a truly fine actor, but as an uncommonly intelligent human being.

But let’s get straight to the heart of the matter. It has come to my attention that in a recent interview, you said the following:

“If I got $300 million from the California Lottery, the first thing I would do is buy the rights to Firefly, make it on my own, and distribute it on the Internet.”

This struck a particular chord with me. As only a few months ago, I said very nearly the same thing. “If I ever get Stephen King famous,” I said, “I’ll buy the rights to Firefly and give it to Joss Whedon as a birthday present.”

Here’s the deal. My second book is about to come out. My publisher tells me there’s a decent chance of us selling a truly ridiculous number of copies. If this happens, I will have more money than I’ll know what to do with.

Except that’s not exactly true. I know exactly what I’d like to do with that money. I’d like to help you buy the rights to Firefly back from Fox.

I’m only a fledgling author. But by a strange twist of fate, I happen to be a fledgling author who is also an international bestseller.

Left to my own devices, I will probably spend my royalty money on useless bullshit. I will buy rare books and narwhal horns. If the book sells extremely well, I expect I’ll probably do something like buy an abandoned missile silo and convert it into my secret underground lair.

Clearly, this way lies madness.

Here is my thought. Alone, all we can do is dream wistful dreams of Firefly’s return. Together, we are a team. We can gather others to our cause. With 20 or 30 of the right people, we could pool our resources and make this **** happen.

You know where to find me.

Sincerely,

Patrick Rothfuss

Those of you who don’t happen to be Nathan Fillion, there’s a new interview over here. Rest assured, it’s spoiler-free.

On the same page, Paul Goat Allen gives The Wise Man’s Fear the best review I expect I will ever receive in my whole life. I’m serious. You’d think he wrote it after I pulled his children out of a burning building or something.

Or, if you’re in a listening mood, I’m on the Sword and Laser podcast with Veronica Belmont and Tom Merritt. We talk about Jim Butcher and Cylons, among other things.

Tour FAQ will be up soon. I’m working out the last few details.

pat

This entry was posted in Firefly, I am completely ****ing serious, Joss Whedon
http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011/02/an-open-letter-to-nathan-fillion/

I love Castle. If I can't have him in Firefly I'll live with him in Castle. But I do love the show.

And Renee, Once Upon a Time is amazing.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I love the sexual tension btw Beckett & castle. Esp one scene where she throws some sir of suggestive banter to him & leaves him hanging with his sexual frustrations. his expression when he rests his forehead on the window of the store they are in standing in front of is priceless!!! :D

Snark

Mutts to you
Rarely miss sitting down to watch Castle even though I DVR the series. I like Once Upon a Time and NCIS, too... David McCallum is still pretty darned cute. :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I suddenly want to watch the Castle show...which I've never heard of before...
Say it's not so! :eek:

I loooove Castle! I wasn't sure how I would like them together, but, wow, it's worked out so awesome!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
What ... Castle & Beckett? They are so polar opposite it's funny to watch them :)

@ PW corgi: TNT is airing eps tonight starting at 8/7c/p if you have cable & want to check it out, I really reccomend you should :)

Members online

No members online now.