Good book or series?

I also HIGHLY recommend these two! They're great! It really is like HP married Narnia, had a baby, and that baby grew up to be this book, but ends up being something you'd not expect from its parents. Some of the plot twists in the second book made me furious, which I liked because I didn't expect them at all (HP always felt a little bit predictable to me at times, so I like that these books take you on a ride).
The characters are great, too. They are the type where you're not entirely sure if you should love them or hate them, and I think in the end, you do a lot of both, with each one. They are very human, in that way.
Like what? You can PM me if you don't want to spoil it for everyone else lol. I ask because parts of the second book made me go "WHAAAAAT?!?" as well.

elegy

overdogged
oh and just to make it clear that I do actually read adult books as well :rofl1:
You know, I really don't anymore. At least not fiction! (I read a fair amount of non-fiction.)

I just tend to find YA stuff more interesting and easy to get into. I can't help it.

You know, I really don't anymore. At least not fiction! (I read a fair amount of non-fiction.)

I just tend to find YA stuff more interesting and easy to get into. I can't help it.
I read a lot of YA too. Though, I will say I also read a lot of Adult Fantasy but I'm seriously particular about what I like and to be honest most of it is similar to the YA stuff I read just a little bit more mature and longer.

Laughed so hard during that book. :rofl1:
I recommend this one too!
That was on a reading list of historical books for a class I took in high school. I'm thinking whoever made the list didn't actually read it :rofl1: But that's ok, I ended up taking advantage of it!

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
That was on a reading list of historical books for a class I took in high school. I'm thinking whoever made the list didn't actually read it :rofl1: But that's ok, I ended up taking advantage of it!
I recently checked out his book Coyote Blue. It was actually really good, a bit different than his newer works. I love how he's evolved with his style, and just become even more hilarious, but Coyote Blue was great.

I need to grab Practical Demonkeeping!

Also, I learned not too long ago that The Emperor in his books was actually based on a real guy.

BostonBanker

Not young adult, and not romance, but from the sort-of-sci-fi, there are vampires (sometimes) genre - The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher is probably my favorite series ever. Clever, fun, snarky...I adore everything about them. Quite a few out now (maybe 13?) and they come out about once a year.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by him is seriously one of my favorite books EVER
Oh man agreed. I just finished that one recently.

I'm already up to five books read this year. I could probably compile a list if I thought hard. XD

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I still need to read the Hunger Games, I don't have a kindle or any fancy reading tablet, so I guess good ol' bookstore, here I come lol.

Its not a series, but Holes is a good book.
I use to HATE reading, like hate hate hate it. Still kinda do. But I read Holes in less than a day and its got 50 chapters. Its not long chapters, but its an okay thick book. I loved it.
Yes the book Holes is from the Disney movie Holes which I LOVE to bits because I big Shia fan lol

Other than that, Band Of Sisters. Its about women in the military who get deployed and their lives while deployed. Its a really good book. I cried through most of it, but I'm a wimp when it comes to stuff like that lol.

That's all I got right now.

There is this series Im reading for the second time that I love!!! Its just an easy, junk food read! Great! More graphic romance though then teen romance. Very funny though!

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/novels/fever-series.html
I loved this one too.....as easy of a read as it is, I found the story and the characters wonderfully complex. I love when storied you actually hurt for the characters. I think I almost cried at the end of the second book

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Divergent by Veronica Roth.

It's going to be a trilogy but right now just the first book is out. I think the second one comes out in May. It was a little slow at first IMO but by about halfway through I started finding it a lot more interesting. It is a dystopian novel "like" The Hunger Games but that's pretty much where the similarity ends (oh, except this world is split into "districts" as well, but they're not called that). Actually the only reason I decided to read it is because I kept seeing things that said "if you liked THG, you'll like Divergent!" lol.

But yeah. Cool book overall. Pretty excited for the next one to come out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Other than that I really enjoyed the percy jackson series lol it's a great little series to read/keep in the bathroom. They are easy fun reads and I love em! lol
I was going to recommend the Percy Jackson books too! I like them a lot. Shorter and simpler than Harry Potter but really good.

I also really like the Charlie Bone series...

I read lots of YA fiction too hahaha.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Any of you other Percy Jackson fans read the follow up Olympians books? I really liked "The Lost Hero" and haven't gotten a chance to read "Son of Neptune" yet, but it's on my list.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
as easy of a read as it is, I found the story and the characters wonderfully complex. I love when storied you actually hurt for the characters.
You are right! As easy of a read, they really are well written. I Love all the characters and was very sad when the book was over. Some of the characters I Love from other unconnected (sortof) books of hers. I think she is very funny too! The main character just makes you laugh (and I am in love with the main male character *is it ok to be in love with a book character?*).

Taqroy

Tamora Pierce stuff. Especially The Song of the Lioness series and The Immortals.

Juliet Marillier books. Especially The Sevenwaters Trilogy which starts with Daughter of the Forest.
<3<3<3 Seriously. Tamora Pierce is the writer that got me into fantasy. I adore her books. The Tortall books are incredible and I love the way she extended the series/realm with Terrier and the Trickster's Choice books.

And Juliet Marillier - I've read all three of those books at least five times each. They are amazing.

The mortal instrament Series by Cassandra Clair. So good and lots of romance and love. Made me all giddy when i read it. It's a YA series.
I've only read the first one but I like this series too. I was surprised by how much I liked it actually. >.<

And now I've gone to Amazon and realized that the third Beka Cooper (Tamora Pierce) book is out. Goodbye $12. LOl.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Any of you other Percy Jackson fans read the follow up Olympians books? I really liked "The Lost Hero" and haven't gotten a chance to read "Son of Neptune" yet, but it's on my list.
Not yet - I'm a softcover fan so I usually wait a long time to get stuff. I actually went to the library to check out the last Percy Jackson book because it wasn't out in softcover yet, but I wanted to know how the series ended, haha.
Plus now that Borders is gone I haven't actually bought very many books... I was sort of an impulse buyer with books. I'd go to the store with my coupon with nothing particular in mind, wander around, and go "oh hey, I wanted to read that!" and buy something.

My bank account is happy Borders went under I guess. =P

Members online

No members online now.