Long hair dogs or Shot Hair?

MoonStr80

Obessed with Dogs
Both!

I like petting long hair, and I like how short hair makes it easy to see a dog's lines, muscles, etc. Lilbit is a prime example of that. :) She just wouldn't be the same with a long coat.

That being said, I like long coats, but not poofy like a bichon. More utility type I guess. If I ever get an afghan, it's going in a puppy clip.
I so much agree! I still enjoy to do the grooming that I don't mind at all

bubbatd

After patting Goldens and Labs around here , it's so weird for me to feel Maggie May's coarse hair ( terrier ) ! At least I knew who was sleeping next to me last night !! All 4 decided to camp on my twin bed .

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It varies with the dog. I love how I can see Virgo's muscles, but Sawyer is just so nice to bury your hands into his ruff. His coat is also very wash n' wear...he's come out of the woods just coated in stickers and all it takes is five minutes with a slicker and he's all clean again. So I like longer utility coats.

Short single coat.

I don't even like to brush my hair, nevermind brush a dog's!!

Wally has a single short coat and his fur is FAR softer than almost any other dog's I've touched. And in my business I do a lot of pettin' ;)

Short- medium, double coated. A good GSD or Husky coat is the greatest thing ever invented.

Single coats can be stunning on the right dog, but when its wet and cold... and long can be stunning when its well cared for, but I don't know one end of a brush from another...

Members online

No members online now.