Charlie actually a Rhodesian mix?

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
I'm actually beginning to think our new puppy Charlie (who is getting huge!) is actually a Rhodesian mix, rather than the GSD/Lab mix.

Any thoughts?

at 5.5 months

He has a very distinct zig-zig on his tail which i have also seen in other Rhodesian mixes. Hard to see it all, because of the flash.

Lyzelle

I definitely see Lab. RR? Not so much, but anything is possible in a mix.

As far as his coat pattern, that's actually pretty common. All five of my short-medium coat length dogs had it. GSD mix, two Lab/Catahoula/Terrier mixes, and two Mastiffs.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Yea, it's really hard to tell with mixed breeds. Especially with his coloration, there are a lot of breeds combined that make that color pattern.

His coat is very short, and extremely dense, very hard to spread it to see his skin. and has very odd markings, strange,darker colored lines that run through out his coat.

Great temperament though. Very smart, catches on easily, and hard headed, but what puppy isn't?

Maybe some day I'll splurge on a DNA test to find out. I'm just one of those nerds that likes to know.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
As far as I know, thos DNA tests are usually pretty inaccurate. But wow is he a good looking dog!!

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Thanks for the heads up on the DNA tests. Are they all inaccurate or just the majority?

Thank you, he is indeed a handsome boy , whatever he is!:D

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Another breed he looks very similar to is a Blackmouth Cur, which would make more sense being down here in South Georgia.

He has a serious nose on him. He smells and sees every bird,squirrel, rabbit, gnat that cross him.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Given your location, I'd be more likely to believe Black Mouth Cur than RR. :)

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Yea, not too many RRs running the fields of south georgia hunting large game :rofl1:

Blackmouths on the other hand, quite popular down here.

Either way, he's a handsome beast. That's why I came on here to ask yall because many of you are way more experienced than me. I just saw the similarities of the RR, even though I already knew the high odds, it was worth asking.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
I was about to mention yella dog! He's cute for sure and I love his expressions =)
I wish I had some other pictures of him right now. Apart from these pictures he has a perma-happy. Always looks like he's smiling and loves the world.

I will tell you one thing, he's the opposite of our black lab Sadie. Sadie always seems to be standing, waiting, ready to go. Charlie on the other hand lays down every chance he gets, such a lazy boy! And then when you do try and get him up it takes him 5 minutes to get up and move. He even lays down to eat.

If you can be bother energetic and lethargic at the same time, charlie is the perfect example.

Members online

No members online now.