Baby Pony Pics!!!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
My friend's pony finally had her baby Thursday night. It was her first one and she delivered on her own. So far she has been a good mommy! Baby's name is Mai Tai....

As you can see, she's just a little thing....

Her and Momma--the kid standing by them is 5, to give you an idea of their size....

You can get a good idea of her markings in these--I think she has the neatest coloring....

Cruisin' around the stall.....

Her first itty-bitty halter--it was the smallest size they could find....

Thanks for looking!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
We suspect that the mother was a large mini and don't know about the stallion other than the fact that he is a pinto pony--a few inches bigger than mom. I know that people will cringe when they read that, but the pony came already bred.

BostonBanker

Very cute! I'm not normally a big fan of spots on horses, but those are some very distinctive markings!

Not trying to sound nosey - but is that halter a break away? I don't personally like any horse in nylon, but weak little baby necks are an especially bad match for them.

I want more pictures once they are going outside!

MicksMom

Aww! Are they minis or shetlands, or what? SO cute.
LOL I was going to ask the same thing.

We suspect that the mother was a large mini and don't know about the stallion other than the fact that he is a pinto pony--a few inches bigger than mom...
Well, that makes sense- something about Mom's head looks very mini to me, yet the filly doesn't. That filly is just too darned adorable. I love her markings. Mom is very pretty, too. She reminds me of the first pony we had when I was little.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
very cute cute baby! mom already came pregnant? wow.. talk about buy 1 get 1 free! lol

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Not trying to sound nosey - but is that halter a break away? I don't personally like any horse in nylon, but weak little baby necks are an especially bad match for them.
I agree, but they feel comfortable with the nylon (although she was not left in the halter in that pic-they just put it on her). I think part of it is that they are having a hard time finding a leather one that is small enough to fit the little thing--lol...

Members online