So I have 2 pregnant dogs upon me... How did this happen?!

Zife

Oi yi yi!! Take no worries - it's not Haley or Heidi.

Remember when I was trying to catch that stray dog? Well, he is really a she, and she is prego. If I turn her into the shelter they'll most definately spay her immediately, but they'll also put her to sleep because she's definately not purebred, and not exactly the cutest, most-adoptable dog out there, so I think I'm going to take care of her and get some homes lined up for her and her puppies. x.x

And my brother Randy, remember how happy I was when he moved out? Well his ex just dumped her prego husky on him, and Randy can't handle another litter, so he gave Elacour (weird name o.o) to me. I have an emergency spay planned with my vet for wednesday morning - he's very tied up right now. So right now I have 5 dogs in the house. And 3 of them aren't mine. (although I often say Heidi's MY dog)

Ugh what am I gonna dooooo?! Aye yi yi. -_-

Thoughts? Opinions? Critism? Spazzing at me for being dumb?

T-T

bubbatd

Personally I feel the best would be to terminate and spay . Sounds horrible , but I'm sure that you don't have the time and money involved to have a good whelp and litter . I still am haunted by a litter I had terminated !!! I'm just glad that my vet agreed with my decision and supported me .

sisco16

koda bear
Im very confused so are you saying that we should only breed pure breed dogs. Im totally with you no puppy mills or back yard breeders but to terminate a litter just because they are a mix is crap some of the best dogs are mixs just because they were not spayed this is why the shelters are full a good majority of the time, I think that by terminating these dogs would not be fair. I just do not understand peoples logic in getting an animal in the first place if they can not take care of it not directed toward you zife but the people who dumped them on you.It just upsets me maybe this is why i relate better to animals than people animals could never be so heartless.

bubbatd

Sisco ... if that was directed towards me .... No I am not against mixed breeds ! I own one ! In fact the litter I terminated was pure bred , but in bred . I did it for the betterment of the breed . Out of her possible 2 whelps there could be about 15 pups ....if all could find good homes and be S/N fine !! Chances are that 1/4 will end up at HS and the other 1/4 will produce at least 15 pups and ever onward .

lizzybeth727

to terminate a litter just because they are a mix is crap some of the best dogs are mixs just because they were not spayed this is why the shelters are full a good majority of the time, I think that by terminating these dogs would not be fair.
She's not going to terminate the litter just because it's a mix.... she'd terminate the litter because she doesn't have the time, money, or resources (i.e. homes for all the dogs) to take care of the litter. There's nothing against mixed breeds. But for every home that takes one of these puppies, that's another puppy put to sleep in a shelter because no one can take him. If you can terminate the pregnancy, I'd say do it. If terminating would be more harmful to the mother and unsafe, then that's fine, do whatever you can to give the puppies the best possible start in life.

OP, good luck and let us know how it goes!

bubbatd

Thanks for the back up Lizzy ...... Unless people have gone through a wanted , planned liter , they have no idea of the cost and time involved to do it right !

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I would also spay both girls, personally. There's no telling WHAT sort of whelping it'd be...c sections are expensive..esp unplanned ones. And if she has trouble or is plain a bad mom...talk about time and stress...

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I think Sisco's defense of mixed breed litters was based on this post... and the inferrence that because it's a purebred litter, it's okay, as opposed to a mixed litter. Irregardless of the quality of the assumed purebred parents. I don't think you meant it, Grammy, but that's how it sounds:

My mistake !???? Was this a pure Husky breeding ??? Good ???
The OP said she has an emergency spay planned for the Husky, so, obviously she knows what she's doing! I'm assuming the stray is too far along to spay?

Zife, I do not envy you, or your Vet bills! Mega-props for helping those girls out. :hail:

Members online

No members online now.