The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Blah I hate being the flexible one at work. Somehow I'm always the one that gets stuck staying late if needed, or on Tuesdays since I'm not scheduled to go in until 2pm, I get the "oh hey we need you to come in early for XYZ..."
Or getting asked to cover a Saturday for someone (granted they then will take one of my Saturdays, but it's still a pain).

I don't normally mind it. Just gets annoying when it starts happening often. I don't have important things happening in my life, but it doesn't mean I want to spend extra time at work lol sometimes I just wanna eat dinner before 7pm ya know :rofl1: I'm just getting antsy for some time off I guess.

Saeleofu

Blah I hate being the flexible one at work. Somehow I'm always the one that gets stuck staying late if needed, or on Tuesdays since I'm not scheduled to go in until 2pm, I get the "oh hey we need you to come in early for XYZ..."
Or getting asked to cover a Saturday for someone (granted they then will take one of my Saturdays, but it's still a pain).

I don't normally mind it. Just gets annoying when it starts happening often. I don't have important things happening in my life, but it doesn't mean I want to spend extra time at work lol sometimes I just wanna eat dinner before 7pm ya know :rofl1: I'm just getting antsy for some time off I guess.
I so feel for you, blah. It does suck sometimes, even when you love your job.

Saeleofu

I got an email today saying it'll be shipped Tuesday. I'm not emailing anymore - if I don't have a shipping notice by 5pm Tuesday, I'm opening a paypal dispute. This is getting ridiculous. What sucks is that this is basically THE place to get a weighted blanket, and I've heard so much good about them, but...so far I'm unimpressed. And it's not like it's a cheap blanket, it's $260ish.
It's been 40 days, and today is they day they promised it would ship. It has not shipped. So, I opened a dispute. Hopefully it gets resolved. I'm so disappointed, I was really looking forward to this blanket :(

SoCrafty

Can someone have the flu this time of year? I feel awful. I have been sore for the last few days. Yesterday I woke up with the mother of all sore throats that felt better by Like 11 and then the chills set in around 3. Today I feel more congested by the minute. Ugh. I hate being THIS sick.

Even the birds are being super good.:rolleyes:

Gypsydals

What am I doing wrong? Am I looking in the wrong places? I'm not asking for much (atleast I don't think I am). All I want is a steady, consistent job. One that I know what days and hours I'm working. And why won't anyone take a chance on someone who hasn't done that job before. How the heck is one supposed to get experience in a job if no one will hire them.

Ohh and an added vent. I want individual pictures. Uggg.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My puppy and I are having serious arguments over whether or not she still needs to be on relaxing mode. She hasn't been able to run in a week. I am ready to kill her.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ask your vet - at a week post spay my vet has always cleared us to start building up to normal activity unless there's something else going on.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ask your vet - at a week post spay my vet has always cleared us to start building up to normal activity unless there's something else going on.
Nothing else going on, and she is already going on walks and such, but I don't think they want her flat out running after a ball.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I so feel for you, blah. It does suck sometimes, even when you love your job.
It gets draining! And now today I got asked if I can open on Friday - which means going in an hour early. As if 8am isn't early enough lol. Wahhh I hate mornings.

Yay extra money I guess?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Bear's allergies are acting up again but I can't figure out why. Poor little guy has been so miserable :(, I have been having to bathe him every week or so, I wonder if its the pollen or the weather changing or what but I have been having to give him Benadryl, one in the morning and one in the evening when he comes inside so the poor guy isn't so miserable. If he doesn't get better he'll have to visit the doctor :(

CaliTerp07

Can someone have the flu this time of year? I feel awful. I have been sore for the last few days. Yesterday I woke up with the mother of all sore throats that felt better by Like 11 and then the chills set in around 3. Today I feel more congested by the minute. Ugh. I hate being THIS sick.
Yes. It is totally flu season. They started giving flu shots about a month or two ago. :(

I am super sick too. And I hate that my job is so difficult to take a day off from. I spent today feeling like crap, trying to convince kids that finding x/y intercepts of lines is SUPER EXCITING AND VALUABLE IN REAL LIFE, all the while just wanting to curl up with a box of tissues and tea and pity myself.

Hope you feel better soon!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yes. It is totally flu season. They started giving flu shots about a month or two ago. :(

I am super sick too. And I hate that my job is so difficult to take a day off from. I spent today feeling like crap, trying to convince kids that finding x/y intercepts of lines is SUPER EXCITING AND VALUABLE IN REAL LIFE, all the while just wanting to curl up with a box of tissues and tea and pity myself.

I just wanted to say how awesome it is that you put so much effort into trying to help these kids out. I wish more teachers did that.

Also, all of you feel better!

My vent: So much to do, so little time. This week/weekend is CRAZY. GUH!

Saeleofu

It's been 40 days, and today is they day they promised it would ship. It has not shipped. So, I opened a dispute. Hopefully it gets resolved. I'm so disappointed, I was really looking forward to this blanket :(

I got a full refund, but dammit, that's NOT what I wanted. I WANT MY ****ING BLANKET. I opened a dispute to get the problem resolved, NOT to cancel my order and get a refund. I think I'm more upset now than I was before :(

crazedACD

Tooth pain last night. That might be an understatement...tooth agony last night. No sleep. Go to work this morning, pain half the day. Starts to subside, and then boom, abscess, the gums around the tooth are filling up and draining and ugh. Won't go into even more detail because it's gross. I moved my dentist appointment up from Friday to tomorrow at 8am. My poor puppy would like to know WTF is going on and why aren't we doing stuff. The rest of the dogs appreciate the snuggles in bed.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Rawr. I went to go do laundry...and all of the washers were taken. So I couldn't.

Community laundrymat for the apartment is stupid. I want my own.

SoCrafty

Thank you - I went to the Dr and it was confirmed as the flu :(

I hope you feel better too!

k9krazee

I think we have it figured out now.

Our pastor is going to perform the ceremony without the license. Then, on Monday, we'll go get the marriage license from the court house and our pastor said he'd sign off on it. A bit of an extra step and doing it kind of backwards....but it all works out.

I'm still going to see if there is anyway for me to obtain the license ahead of time...butthe above would be okay.
We had to apply for a license 30 days before the ceremony and both people did not have to be present to apply - just needed SSN & certified birth certificates for each. Week of, one of us picked up the license, both signed it after the ceremony and the pastor mailed it to the courthouse. A week later I went and bought certified copies.

Does it really differ that much state to state?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We had to apply for a license 30 days before the ceremony and both people did not have to be present to apply - just needed SSN & certified birth certificates for each. Week of, one of us picked up the license, both signed it after the ceremony and the pastor mailed it to the courthouse. A week later I went and bought certified copies.

Does it really differ that much state to state?
Apparently. And Indiana is also, apparently, stupid and nonsensical.

Bah. Oh, well.

Members online

No members online now.