Local column about "Purse Dogs"

yoko

I have no hard evidence for this, but I suspect that young women who carry tiny dogs around with them are more interested in the novelty of having something alive in their purse than the responsibility of keeping something alive in their purse.
this is kind of how i feel

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
What worries me is not the fashion statement . . . its what they are doing with the dog when it is not a fashion statement. Dogs have been fashion statements for a long time . . . purse dogs are just the newest variant. My dog is a fashion statement in a sense, though I didn't get her as part of a fad. But having her with me, and her looking the way she does, is a fashion statement . . . and expression on my part. I'm not sure how one avoids that!

And I will have to say, I suspect those itty-bitty dogs are safer in someone's purse than they would be just being walked on a leash through public places. I saw a little Pomeranian on a leash have a total breakdown at Home Depot . . . it SHOULD have been in a purse, or in the cart, or something. I think its fine to have purse dogs . . . if they have any idea how to care for their accessory and bought it responsibly. Of course, I suspect most of them didn't . . . :(

Romy

Taxiderpy
I have no hard evidence for this, but I suspect that young women who carry tiny dogs around with them are more interested in the novelty of having something alive in their purse than the responsibility of keeping something alive in their purse.
Ha ha. I could be one of those girls, except with a corn snake instead of a chihuahua. :p

Members online