Well Tips turned into a puppy

Fran27

Tips was just so good the first few days, I should have guessed it wasn't going to last, lol.

He didn't pee in the house for 5 days, now we have 2 to 5 pees/poops a day in the house.. and that's taking him out every 30 minutes-one hour :( He even peed in the big basket in Boris' crate, so we had to remove it (Boris is never in it anyway). He still goes outside most of the time, so I guess when he has better control of his bladder it won't be such a problem though... He's only 2 1/2 month after all.

Since this week end he was with Boris all the time, except for food. He never pees in his crate, so I guess he is going to have to spend more time in it, especially as he still barks when we leave him in there and leave the room (except at night - thanks God). I should add that the crate is really big, as it's a 70 lbs dog crate, and he's 7 lbs, lol. I'm not too sure what to do though, I want him to be with Boris so he can be really tired at night too. Decisions decisions...

I think what bothers me most is the barking. He's really bad about it, we can't leave the room without having him bark when he's in the crate during the day, and if Boris is outside and starts barking, he just starts and it takes ages to stop him. That, and he's always barking at Boris when they play. I tell him enough and he stops, and I give him a treat, but it's not helping, he starts again right away, and when he's barking when I leave the room I don't want him to associate the treat with the bark...

Any advice?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
if he barks just ignore him. My Pit mix still does that if we do something with the other dogs and not him. Just ignore him and it will stop. Any type of attention (positive or negative) will teach him to keep barking. However, if you crate him and he doesn't bark for a few minutes, or seconds, then you can praise him for not barking.

Fran27

I ignore him when he barks in the crate, today I actually left the house twice until he stopped, lol. The main problem is when he plays with Boris though, because obviously Boris doesn't ignore him when he barks, lol.

showpug

Some may agree with this and some not, but our puppy has been driving us nuts with his barking at our female pug!! He was barking at her non-stop to try and get her attention or try and get her to play and she would just ignore him so the barking continued. I had finally had enough so every time he would bark obnoxiously at her I would say "HUSH"...if he did not comply and would continue to bark then I would shake a jar of coins, not at him, but enough to distract him and get his attention. I did this for one day and I am amazed, the barking has stopped completley. :) If he was going to force me to hear a noise that I didn't like then I was going to force him to hear one that he didn't like. Now we are even and the house is quiet... ;)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Yeah that could work too. I never thought of that. Ofcourse you could try seperating them in he gets too noisy, and then letting them play agian when he stops barking. Keep seperating him until he stops barking so much (although that sounds a little more complicated than what showpug suggested).

Members online

No members online now.