Grrr, animal shelter says keep the dog outside!

I feel this ad was for a wonderful dog who was untrained and destructive in the home . Hopefully the new owner will slowly adapt it to be a family dog .
That is what I think as well. Instead of keeping the dog outside like the other family may have done and continuing the cycle, I think they should be supporting this dog and suggesting training for him. :(

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Alot of dogs NEED to be outside. Like a Great Dane shouldn't be inside. It's just to big. I can see that a Chahuahua needs to be inside, but sometimes dogs should be outside.
Every Great Dane I have ever met would rather be inside then outside.

We always had outside and inside dogs on the farm.

That is what I think as well. Instead of keeping the dog outside like the other family may have done and continuing the cycle, I think they should be supporting this dog and suggesting training for him. :(
Sadly some people aren't that bright where dogs are concerned :(

Hopefully, the new owner will take the time to properly train the dog.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
She meant at her house. Her house is too small for a dane and she has a pretty big yard with a great covered area. Things apply differently at different places.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
Sadly some people aren't that bright where dogs are concerned :(

Hopefully, the new owner will take the time to properly train the dog.
Is that aimed at me? I can't have our dogs inside! Our house is just too small! Do you agree with me keeping our two huge dogs outside? Or are you gonna attack me like a wild cat?

LacyGirl

The One and Only...ME!!!
She meant at her house. Her house is too small for a dane and she has a pretty big yard with a great covered area. Things apply differently at different places.
Yes, that's right! I wasn't trying to be mean everone! :( Sorry if I was! I was just thinking about what would be best for me if I had a Great Dane.

Is that aimed at me? I can't have our dogs inside! Our house is just too small! Do you agree with me keeping our two huge dogs outside? Or are you gonna attack me like a wild cat?
Why would I attack you when I have a Saint Bernard who spends the day outside ;)

So no it wasn't aimed at you :lol-sign:

If it was meant for you to see I would have typed your name.

It was aimed at the person who posted the add :p

No. If I did not have room for a dog I would not have one in my home. The same reason I did not get a dog until I had enough time and was financially and emotionally ready.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
One other reason my dog is outside is because that's where I spend all my time (horses are outside and my world partly revolves around them). I do school work outside too since I am home-schooled. Jumping on the trampoline, riding, writing, school, playing, eating --- I do all that outside with my dog. Where I ride, she follows.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
No. If I did not have room for a dog I would not have one in my home. The same reason I did not get a dog until I had enough time and was financially and emotionally ready.
I'm only 12, and I can not convince my parents to get a bigger place. I would NOT want to move anyway. Our neighboorhood is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krisykris

She means that sometimes dogs are better suited outside then in. Our houses are WAY to small to house a great dane.
But if your house is too small to be a comfortable home to your dogs, it's possible you picked the wrong breed in the first place. Not being rude, it's just a realistic answer.

Honey_Bear

Horses, Dogs, God-Love
Our yard is 3 whole acres where they can roam. Plus, we couldn't let Honey be euthanized!!! It was like her last day at the pound. Last day in the world!

Members online

No members online now.