Just looking for Info: day to day life with a Fila.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
As most everyone knows, I have been "trying on" different breeds. I hate to sound cliché ... But in the near future i will be taking this place over, which means I will be spending a lot of time here by myself, i think i would feel more comfortable with a large estate type guardian at my side protecting me & my other animals.

Of course I plan to do extensive research on filas before I even make a solid decision but I wanted to hear from those who might have fila or similar breed experience to give me information past the "generals" of temperament & personality, like raising & day to day life with a fila or like breed.

I am kind of apprehensive about posting this but ... It's not like I have put down a deposit on a puppy from a breeder or anything, I'm just looking for info in order to make a more informed decision.

No, just no. I usually keep my mouth shut about the things that flow from your brain onto the screen of my phone, but no. Some of the things you have posted make me wonder if you could keep a goldfish properly, let alone a breed like a Fila. So, I say again, no.
Ugh.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
SIGH

this is why I didn't want to post this here.

I was only looking for information.

For your information, while I may not be good with people, I am very good with animals. I have had dogs for more then 20 years.

& yes I have had goldfish since I was a youngster, most outlived their life expectancies ... Even the "common" ones :p

Geeze.

It's not like a have made a solid decision, I was only looking for information from folks who live day to day with this breed ...

But if we can't be mature about it ... Never mind.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Goldfish should live somewhere between 20-30 years, so unless you still have the same ones, this statement is null and void. ;)
The koi do, by I have never had those.

Look ... I know how to care for animals I have owned horses & dogs & have had jobs caring for both for years. Just because I have some controversial views on other topics doesn't mean I can't care for animals.

Also where the hell did you get "crated for two days straight" my dogs done even come IN unless its night time or I am not home

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I just like to pretend you're a troll because it mortifies me that there are people out there who do the things you do without any remorse.

milos_mommy

I think if you have strong social anxiety, in most cases a fila is a very poor choice. It's extremely difficult to socialize any guardian breed, let alone one of the most intense, when you're uncomfortable around things like misbehaving children, groups, or any social settings to a point where it's nearly unmanageable.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Noted.

But on all the Fila sites I have read that if you want the Fila to accept a person then they must be introduced regularly from a very young age, that social action really doesn't change them. That being said I still will (IF I decide on a fila) socialize the dog.

On the subject of my anxiety it is only bad in certain social situations all of which dogs aren't allowed (places like Walmart, night clubs, restaurants ... Etc) it's really not bad in place like petsmart, feed stores, TSC, & Home Depot.

But you do seem to have a general paranoia about people...always assuming the worst, at least here on chaz. That would definitely affect a dog like a fila.

In regards to the leaving a dog in its crate for two days, I think some people misread your post in the other thread about Buddy and his diarrhea as you left him in the crate for two days.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
But you do seem to have a general paranoia about people...always assuming the worst, at least here on chaz. That would definitely affect a dog like a fila.

In regards to the leaving a dog in its crate for two days, I think some people misread your post in the other thread about Buddy and his diarrhea as you left him in the crate for two days.
NO geeze! I may be a bitch to people but I would never be cruel to an animal!

That happened overnight (they ONLY come in at night or when someone is not home during the day, which is AT MOST a few hours once or twice a week!

The night he had an accident I wasn't at the ranch, they were brought in at 8:30 pm, while I was at home, from mon-wed I was feeding them a new supplement for coat & it didn't agree with him. The accident happened during the NIGHT, they go out at 6:30-7 am every morning & stay out til 8:30pm!

So, your dogs are out, unsupervised, for most of the day?

Yup. You NEED a Fila that needs to be socialized and paid close attention to. Sounds like a fabulous idea.

crazedACD

NO geeze! I may be a bitch to people but I would never be cruel to an animal!

That happened overnight (they ONLY come in at night or when someone is not home during the day, which is AT MOST a few hours once or twice a week!

The night he had an accident I wasn't at the ranch, they were brought in at 8:30 pm, while I was at home, from mon-wed I was feeding them a new supplement for coat & it didn't agree with him. The accident happened during the NIGHT, they go out at 6:30-7 am every morning & stay out til 8:30pm!
That's...better than being crated for two days, I guess.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes they stay outside during the day because that's where they prefer to be :/, they aren't unsupervised ... Someone is always home, plus the yard is fenced. I know some of you have city dogs that like or have to stay inside because of neighbors but out here we can do things different. My crew would be miserable if I made them stay inside all day, he'll I'm not even inside all day ... Half the day I am outside working in the yard :p

I have an aunt who always keeps her dogs inside, she only lets them out to potty ... I feel sorry for THEM!

crazedACD

Yes they stay outside during the day because that's where they prefer to be :/, they aren't unsupervised ... Someone is always home, plus the yard is fenced. I know some of you have city dogs that like or have to stay inside because of neighbors but out here we can do things different. My crew would be miserable if I made them stay inside all day, he'll I'm not even inside all day ... Half the day I am outside working in the yard :p
And a bored Fila would get out and wreak havoc. I'm not kidding.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
And a bored Fila would get out and wreak havoc. I'm not kidding.
Good to know, see why can't there just be informative answers ... Sans the bitchiness & snarkiness ... Remember a puppy ANY puppy is AT LEAST six months into the future, maybe more. Plenty of time to explore breeds.

It's not like I woke up & went "I think I'll get a Fila", I only want INFORMATION on the breed from those who have experience with it.

I hate to say it this way but if you don't have anything constructive to ad then I will ignore.

Members online

No members online now.