What breeds would you never own?

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
For one reason or another, which breeds would you never want to have?

For me...

Beagle
Lab
Husky
Any drooly breeds

B

Backward_Cinderella

*Don't kill me*
I would take any dog that needed a home, but I wouldn't go actively looking for a Poodle, Yorkie or Skye Terrier.
I don't know why, those breeds just don't appeal to me. I've had a Yorkie, she was an OK dog, but very hard to house break and never stopped barking the whole 12 years we had her.

Dekka

Just try me..
Me not likely labs, goldens or standard poodles. No drooly or droopy breeds.

Humm I am racking my brain and cannot think of a breed of dog I wouldn't own. Maybe the corded breeds because of the work that goes into their coat. I look at a dog's temperment and personality before adopting and breed comes as a second thought.

Poodles
Retrievers
Spaniels
Scent Hounds

. . .

My list could go on and on. Though I enjoy most dogs (I kind of have to, it is my chosen profession ;) ), there are VERY few that I would actually take home.

mrose_s

BusterLove
labs, shelties, CKCS, (most spaniels actually)
I don't really know why, maybe becasue they're too common
probably husky's and mals, I love them but I couldn't own such an independant breed
beagles
most little breeds with exceptions to pugs, JRT's and anything that steals my heart through rescue
chows
toy or mini poodle
English Bulldogs
Saint Bernard
Bichon
Boxer
Samoyed

probably lots more, than again, I didn't used to like pugs at all, now I love them

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I'm a lot like Backward_Cinderella. I would take in any dog that needed a home, but I wouldn't actively look for Poodles, any kind of designer mix, Shih Tzus, Bichons or Akitas.

Paige

Let it be
Generally I wouldn't come home with a conformation Border Collie. Not my cup of tea.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've got a list but the last time I posted it, I ended up with a Lab. Which was at the top of my "WILL NEVER OWN" list. So that worked out well... :p :rolleyes:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Most sporting dogs (weims, labs, spaniels, poodles, etc.). I'm not really interested in owning a dog with those kinds of drives for one, they just don't feel like a good fit.

Most small breeds. Some day I may decide to get a cuddly small dog, but for now I really enjoy my big dogs.

Most terriers, because the potential for DA scares me.

On the other hand, if the individual with the right temperament from any of these groups came along I'd be all over it. :)

I take my previous post back I just thought of 2 breeds I would never own. Bulldogs and Pugs. Yes I own a boston terrier but they are not nearly as bad with breathing problems as the pugs and bulldogs. Bulldogs to me are just gross.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Most Terrier breeds. Pomeranians. Anything small, white, and fluffy ie Maltese, Miniature Poodles, etc. (I looove Standards, though. I'm not sure why exactly it is that the smaller types don't appeal to me as much.)

A Neopolitan Mastiff. Double coated breeds that are big shedders, like GSDs, Akitas, etc. Getting to know Bamm Bamm has scared me off of anything that sheds like that.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Any tiny, small, maybe even what may be considered medium breeds (I guess when you're used to 100+lbs of dog, 30 pounds is considered medium? :confused: ).

I would not actively go out and look for a lot of specific breeds, and the size limits (currently) would be for their own protection, but I would not turn away a dog in need.

With that said, I'll still to the big guys if I may have the choice. :D

Paige

Let it be
Most Terrier breeds. Pomeranians. Anything small, white, and fluffy ie Maltese, Miniature Poodles, etc. (I looove Standards, though. I'm not sure why exactly it is that the smaller types don't appeal to me as much.)

A Neopolitan Mastiff. Double coated breeds that are big shedders, like GSDs, Akitas, etc. Getting to know Bamm Bamm has scared me off of anything that sheds like that.
I have a white carpet and two black dogs that shed like a son of a gun. The carpet if not cleaned twice a day is no longer a light colour. It looks like the underworld opening up.

Saintgirl

For one reason or another, which breeds would you never want to have?

For me...

Beagle
Lab
Husky
Any drooly breeds
LOL! You would not want to come over to my house!! I have a huskyX, the king of droolers-my Saint and ask me 2 years ago and I would have been right with you on the beagle, but now I have one!

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
I would say corded breeds as well. After having long haired silky breeds for some time now, it would be hard to get use to something looking like that.

BostonBanker

Most of them, honestly. There are a lot of breeds that I really, really like, but would never own because they just aren't the right fit. My top three list of dogs I would never own though (nobody shoot me) would be mini Schnauzers, labs, and standard poodles. For very different reasons.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I can not live with a dog that yaps. Howls, growls, woofs, yodels, all good. But yapping drives me mad.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have a lot I wouldn't want to own.

Most bully breeds I would never go out and look for. Aesthetically they just don't appeal to me except for certain pit bulls and then bullmastiffs I find gorgeous. Even then, the temperament isn't what I need in a dog. Any breed with curly hair or that requires regular clipping, though I love the look of standard poodles. And then many of the toy breeds I wouldn't want- pekes, maltese, yorkis (though many of these would fall under the 'too much grooming' category) I also can't see myself with another lab or really any retriever for that matter. And then most terriers I wouldn't want to own, with a couple exceptions here and there. I don't think I'd ever go out looking for a terrier though.

That said, I'd help whatever dog I could even if they weren't one that I typically liked.

Members online