The Great Middie Guessing Game

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yep, again. Breed guesses? We know he's half ESS but he doesn't look anything like his mom and is the spitting image of his dad. Except prettier.

He doesn't quite reach my knees at the back, and weighs approximately 45 lbs. So no, he's not a Great Dane, I'm afraid.

Face - frontal

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Lab/pointer? I see Lab in the tail and the way he walks, but pointer in his face.

lizzybeth727

The face looks almost exactly like a lab I'm training, but he came from a shelter so who knows if he's pure-bred. The wide forehead reminds me of a rottie, too, but who knows.

Very handsome, I must say!

Toller_08

I think Lab/Pointer...and maybe something else too, but I can't figure out what it might be.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ummm, I'm thinking....great dane? Yup, great dane....and maybe some, uh..hmm..err...pit? Yea that's it! He's a pitbull!! Ohh, ohh...and some poodle!

A Grit Bulloodle!

Geez, I'm good. :cool:

(does this post count as useful? If not I'm breaking my own break rule...frick. -sits self in corner-)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Ummm, I'm thinking....great dane? Yup, great dane....and maybe some, uh..hmm..err...pit? Yea that's it! He's a pitbull!! Ohh, ohh...and some poodle!

A Grit Bulloodle!

Geez, I'm good. :cool:

(does this post count as useful? If not I'm breaking my own break rule...frick. -sits self in corner-)
Useful as always. :p :)

Lab, Pointer, APBT are the most common and most likely guesses. What really gets me about Lab is that he has an APBT-type body, much smoother and thinner than a lab.

I'm personally betting any and all of the above, lol. Thanks for guessing!!!

Herschel

Useful as always.

Lab, Pointer, APBT are the most common and most likely guesses. What really gets me about Lab is that he has an APBT-type body, much smoother and thinner than a lab.
Field Bred Labs have lean, muscular bodies compared to the fat show Labs.

Field:

Field:

Show (Bench):

Show (Bench), #1 Labrador in 2007:

The head is dead on pointer, or possibly show lab. Show lab would not cause that lankiness even combined with ESS. Therefore, its pointer! ;)

milos_mommy

POINTER! def. pointer. i was thinking Dane, Dane, Dane, what else has a face like that? POINTER! haha. and his chest says pointer, too. i'm gonna say pointer/lab, and maybe even something like foxhound?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Thank you for the photos, Hershel. ;) However, even a field bred lab is still too tubby for him to be half lab, IMO. I've only seen the rare field bred who comes close to being near his skinny-ness, lol.

Yes, he is half ESS. His mother is a BYBred ESS who is about the size of a Jack Russell Terrier, though much wider.

My question is for people to give me guesses on the other side of his parentage. Since his da looks exactly like him and he got nothing but his personality from her, I figured pictures of him would do.. since I don't actually have any of his dad.

And Lauren.. LOL... what Labs aren't backyard-bred these days? I don't think I've ever met one of good breeding. And I don't consider the show ones of good breeding, honestly, they look like Bassets. Labradors are supposed to have nice long legs, you know? Not Giraffe-like, but enough to make them taller.

And some of the other favorite guesses are Rottie and Boxer. :) Today while Cristy and I were sitting in front of Starbucks with Daisy and Middie, one woman even asked if he was a Boxer, lol.

Members online