Newbie from Malaysia

Happy

Hi all, I'm Jack from Malaysia and glad to join da Chaz forum. Hope to learn more from u'all as I hardly know anything about puppy. I've been having nightmare since I adopted my puppy.

I've just adopted a local breed puppy in SPCA a week ago. He was just rescued by the SPCA team and the moment he arrived at the SPCA, it was like love at the first sight and I quickly hold him and that was it, he is mine now lol. Oh yeah, I named him, HAPPY : )

I have mixed feeling when I was there as the SPCA volunteer told me that the next day, they will put ALL the puppy to sleep due to insufficient space!! SPCA receive minimum 10-15 abandon or stray puppy a day and they can't cope with the numbers.

He is 2 months old, local breed and very friendly...and lazy too lol.
Here's da pic of him lazying around at nite..

Cute Puppy! You can venture into the Puppy Forum and ask all the questions you want about raising a pup. :)

Chazhound

Happy

yeah i love Rotts too but it's a bit pricey in my country. this is good enough for me as he looks like 1 : )

i dunno y i miss him sooo much esp when im not at home.....do u all feel the same? this is my first puppy and i dun even miss my girlfriend this much lol

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sounds like you are bonding...and missing him because he is a baby and home alone. Congrates on your new puppy!!!! Looking forward to your posts and pics.:)

Maxy24

hi, welcome! your puppy is very cute! I'm also very glad you saved him. I would be glad to help with any questions you have (if i know the answer). I look forward to your posts and hope you enjoy the forum :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome! Your puppy is so cute. I really like the name Happy.

Happy

hehe thanks. we decided to name him Happy because he makes everyone happy since he joined our family : )

initially i wanted to name him 'Lucky' coz he was so lucky that I've adopted him the moment he reached the Pets Rescue center. But after few thoughts, he is not that lucky after all as he cant be with his mom : (

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! Happy is adorable! Congrats on your new pup! :)

cometsmama

Hi Jack,

Welcome! Sorry to hear they put dogs to sleep in Malaysia too but glad you rescued Happy.

Comet was also rescued from the pound. He was a year and a half and had been turned in by his owners because he was too crazy for them. They had named him Diesel... He's 8 years old now and can still act crazy when he sees a cat but he can lie still or sleep for long periods so we get a break. The biggest thing that has helped is lots of exercise, almost every day.

Looks like you'll get lots of help from this forum!

Happy

yes, i get lots of help and advises from this wonderful forum. your advise really help and turn Happy into good puppy. Thanks again to all of you!

this is the progress of my puppy from the training & advises I learnt from this forum.

- Happy recognised his own name
- Happy knows how to sit when i want him to
- Happy know to release at the right place

i'm really impressed how Happy progress so far. Really proud of him.

But I'm still working on his wrong behaviour as below:
- bark/whine when no one around him (especially at nite)
- bite shoes and my leg!!
- keep running in inside my house when i place him to play at the front yard

I will keep updating the progress... hehe

Happy

thanks all and here's some updated pics of my puppy : )

my girlfriend, Suzan, when we adopted him in SPCA

I believe I can Fly

What You Looking at hah...come gimme a kiss

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ahh smooches for you. We have another Malaysian member here. SHe is very active and a fabulous trainer. Would you like to have her website? She is a wealth of training info and one of my favorites here on Chaz.

Happy

ahh smooches for you. We have another Malaysian member here. SHe is very active and a fabulous trainer. Would you like to have her website? She is a wealth of training info and one of my favorites here on Chaz.
oh really...can i have her web? i would love to learn more to train my pup :)
thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.