Votes: 17 29.3%
  • $100 and under

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Over $100

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Thought this would be an interesting idea to go along with my Pacos thread. So, what's the most you have spent on a collar, and was that your limit? Would you go higher?

Currently Nola's most expensive collar was $45. Since I'm looking at a Pacos, I guess my max is about $95.:yikes: Never would have thought that even a year ago....

BostonBanker

$75 is the most I've spent (on my Paco); I'd be pretty hard pressed to go over that, and would never do that much again without being able to try it on my dog.

The collars I really want right now are $42 each (I'd want one for each dog) and I'm having a hard time justifying that. They both do just fine in their $20 collars.

If I had unlimited disposable income, I'd have more fun. But $100 is a day of trailing both dogs basically. Hard to justify for me right now.

The most I've ever spent on a collar was $38. I got it half price. It was a super sale! Very nice blinged out leather collar.

I voted $50 and under but we'll see how that goes in the future. I'm cheap and I love nice collars. The two don't really go that well together.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Most my collars are either gifts or were less than $20. Most were super cheap ($5-10).

You can't see collars on my dogs so buying fancy ones is pointless. I have no idea what their collars they're wearing now look like.

If I get a short haired dog I would probably buy a nice leather collar for it. But long haired dogs? Nope

I don't see myself ever buying a collar collection for a dog. Would rather use the money for classes/seminars/training equipment.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Er, not very much. I feel lucky in that I'm not 'into' collars. But you never know, so I put $50 and under.

I voted $75. I have not spent that on a collar, but for the right collar I could talk myself into that. Then again, having a fuzzy dog you can't really see the pretty collars so I think I'll stick with the cheaper collars.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
If I had a short haired dog my number would probably be under over $100.

With merlin? Eh. you can barely see collars anyway. He has a bunch and my favorite one/the only one he wears every day I got at gundogsupply for like..$12.
Waterproof, gunk sproof, smell proof, and an ID name plate.

At this point with him, I'm hard pressed to spend more.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I put $50 and under. My most expensive is a leather one from Collar Mania, but I bought that a few years ago and honestly don't even have a clue how much it was.

I would potentially spend more on a Paco, if it were going to be my dog's only collar or something. I just have too many collars lol so it's cheapies from here on out!

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Yeah, if I had a long haired dog or a boy I probably wouldn't get much. I swear a small, adorable, short haired female dog is the worst thing for my wallet.:rofl1:

I've probably spent $8 at the most on a collar. I did spend a bit more on a leather leash, however, but not much. I said under $50.

crazedACD

I voted $75 and under but then I was thinking about it...if I found like the holy grail of all collars, I would spend over $100.

I would honestly rather spend like $20-50 on a collar here and there, and still change them out occasionally, than spend $100+ on one collar that I would feel guilty if they didn't wear it all the time.

My three are in great quality but basic leather collars right now, I bought in February, and to be honest I'm kind of wanting some fun ones. Some nice prints.

Skye can really pull off wearing collars though, everything looks good on her, so I do tend to spoil her with more collars than the others.

Equinox

I've never actually paid for a collar before (except for the prong collar) - our Collar Mania collar was won in a contest and we had one thin leather collar that was poorly made, but also won in a contest. We've only ever had one leash and that was probably around $20? Just a 6' leather leash we grabbed from a supply store.

I didn't really get the collar craze before, but now I definitely admire and covet a well made collar. But I think just one cloth collar and one leather collar is all I need for Trent. We have our cloth collar so just waiting to get a cool leather collar now. I said under $50 because I'd like to pay around $35 tops for a collar, but once a friend starts making leather collars again I'd happy pay $70 - $80 for one of her collars.

Saeleofu

Gavroche's custom Neurodiversity collar from Ella's Lead was $48.50

Logan's custom Timey-Wimey collar (inspired by Doctor Who and EL's "Traveler" :D ) from Ella's Lead was $60

Both collars are 100% custom (I created the designs) and there isn't another like them in the whole world ;)

I had a gift certificate for part of the price for each of them from my brother for my birthday, so I didn't actually pay full price out of pocket, though ;) I love both collars to bits, and they're absolutely amazing quality. Gavroche wears his 24/7 and Logan only wears his when he's working (so I don't mess up his ruff). I'm 100% happy with both collars and would buy them again in a heartbeat.

TL;DR I would probably pay no more than $60-$70 on a collar. But if it was one I REALLY REALLY wanted and had a gift certificate to cover part of it, I would probably spring for a higher price. I can't justify $100+ on a collar, though.

I would prefer to stay under $75, for the right collar I would go up to $100 but it would have to be a pretty dang special collar. Even the custom made collars I've gotten so far have been under $75.

Larger dogs usually come with larger price tags for things like collars:) I did spend about $70 on a collar

I have one paco that was gifted to me. I do like it but eh, I like my collar mania ones just as much really. Ivy has all the fancy collars. Quke has his cloth collar mania. I planned on getting him a leather when he finished growing but I dont know, I really never use them.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I think my most expensive collar has been around $70 - my badass custom Ravenclaw collar from EL. My other custom EL collars were around that mark too.

That's about my limit - I don't think I'd like to go over $80 for a well made leather collar. Nylon I'd pay up to $30.

Red.Apricot

With Elsie, I'd go up to $30/$35 for a nice rolled leather collar. Otherwise, I'd stay under $20. She has a gun dog supply collar now, for swimming, and we got one for Zobby, too. I'm really pleased with those. Zobby's is dark brown, and from a small distance, it looks like leather.

Collars aren't a priority right now.

I could see going up to $50 for Zobby, though, since you'd be able to see it.

Locke

I haven't spent more than $30 on a collar, and doubt I'll ever spend more than $50. Pacos are nice, but I can't justify $100 for a collar.

Members online

No members online now.