Nutro

joce

i said I'd ask for someone about this. I know I've seen here that it isn't that great but I know a lot of other places push it as one of the best. She is taking her dog in for an allergy test and the dog has been on nutro for a while,so does that mean it isn't food allergies or could it have developed just now? Thanks!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
nutro isn't a great food, and i know of several dogs (my own included) who had typical allergy symptoms while eating it, and they developed after the dogs had been eating the food for a while.

however, in most cases those symptoms (scratching, paw licking etc.) disappear within a month or two of switching to a better quality food.

that's not saying the allergies of the dog you are talking about don't have other causes, but i'd try a different food before spending a lot of money doing an allergy test. that's still always an option for later if the food switch doesn't work.

candy722

Hum.. paw licking is a side effect of allergies? My bf's dog does that but she doesn't itch. She's been on science diet and Authority and still does that. I will let my bf know.

Members online