Sorry...but I Am Mad As Heck....

Debi

OK...today I called the vet for an appointment for Hammie to be neutered. WELL..........seems that even tho I made sure he had all his shots/vaccines ...it doesn't count a lick because my breeder did them. She is top-notch.......we both know what the dogs need, and we did it ourselves. My Hammie is current on all shots......OH...BUT THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH....WE NEED TO HAVE HAD A VET DO IT to have him neutered. They will only do the surgery IF I have the shots done again by them. OH PLEASE........I am SICK of vets sticking it to you for the almighty dollar. Shots are shots.......he is up-to-date. IF I didn't think all was done properly......I'd say so........for the good of Hammie. He is my priority..so I make sure he has everything. But, no.......not good enough for the vet who is mad that people can (and do) purchase the vaccines online and administer...........like anyone with medical experience can't give an injection. (I have extensive medical background..duh) I know the value of a great vet...hey, we NEED them to keep our pets healthy......but sorry.....I'm just too mad about this today. So, seems I won't be able to get Hammie neutered...something that most people would agree should be done............unless I spend a fortune at the vet. What do you think about contacting the local shelter............OH Man....I can't bear to think that Hammie would get less than the best care. I think I'll just forget about the neutering.............IF he can't have the best care...with good vets.....COME ON, you know he is my world. Peeps........I am majorly bumming today. I am exhausted from spitting nails..........from being SOOOO MAD!!! Tell me to calm down..........and please, give advise. THANKS. :mad:

Ok, take a deep breath and clam down; have you called a different vet or two? They might do it, some vet’s have this ego thing that no one can do it but them…. Anyway how far away does your breeder live? Maybe she has a vet that will do it. Good Luck on finding a vet!

Debi

So..I called the old vet....the one I have had for Addie..and had a problem with. Explained my peeves with their office.........in regards to sending me countless update cards......I let loose with my beefs.......'when I say no...it means 'NO'.......in regard to work-ups, etc. My many, many complaints regarding how it was handled with Addie's porcupine quills.......etc. Anyway, the girl was a real sweetie (she must be new..I loved her)... My little, sweet, baby Hammie has an appointment for surgery.........waaaaaaaa....to be neutered....waaaaaaaaaaa.... on July 25th. My sweet boy.......who is like a rebel teenager right now........PROUD.....and such a guy. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa He just always stands so proud......so male........PLEEEEEAAASSSE tell me he won't change.........waaaaaaaaaaaa. I just always want my 'boy'.........geez..how can I ever explain. Addie is always such the sweet little girl. Hammie is the 'man'......I can't bear him to change. Am I over reacting.........YES.........can't help it. LOL I just Do NOT want to destroy my 'man'. :(

Debi

well..it's me again. My hubby said..NO..NO..NO to going to the old vet. He really has had it with them. Soooooooo, I'll be on the phone again tomorrow looking for one that will do the neutering. GEEZ......should it really be so difficult. I mean..I'm not asking for some specialized big deal surgery......neutering is something that they should be required to do. OK..done venting for today. lol :(

MY1BOXER

Our dogs deserves the best care to. Your doing the right thing by asking questions & calling around. "You & Hammie Hang In There and Good Luck To You All".

Oh, Debi! I got such a giggle out of your second post. You've taken me from one extreme to the other, since your first post had me spitting nails, too. You're speaking for most people who have their dogs neutered (especially the guys!). Hammie will still be The Guy. That won't change. He just won't be crazy when there's a female in season within scenting range, and you won't have to worry about him trying to climb or dig his way out of the yard to get to her.

Hang loose, you'll find a vet that you're satisfied with. Checking with the breeder is a great idea if you're close enough.

Debi

I must sound nuts...but I now have an appointment on the 24th with yet another vet recommended to me by a friend. It will be a long drive (OH..that should be interesting with Hammie, who doesn't travel well!) I had just been so frustrated because I thought the last vet was so nice when I took him for the ear infection...she was so caring and took alot of time checking him, etc. I discussed neutering then and she never said a word about there being any problems.....so I guess I was shocked when I called. I understand them wanting to be certain of the rabies (which of course I have..it's the law) and distemper vaccines.........but, I couldn't really see why anything else had anything to do with neutering. When I had Addie spayed, there wasn't a problem regarding shots....it just seemed petty to me. OK....I'll stop!! I was also wondering....and this will sound pretty lame...but will neutering have any effect on growth??? or is Hammie pretty much at his size (except for weight gain) by 7 mos.?? Can you tell I don't have experience with males?? I sure just don't want to lose Hammie cause he went out looking for love!! :eek:

It really shouldn't affect his growth. Just keep him active after he's recovered and he'll be the same rowdy Hammie; no excessive weight gain, no big deal.

Theoretically, by the time a dog is 4 or 5 months old, it is half the size it will be at maturity. I don't know how accurate that always is; kind of frightening considering Shiva weighed 70 pounds by the time she was barely 4 months old! (lol)

You're right about the shots, it was petty. Obviously someone just trying to bump the bill up.

Members online

No members online now.