Bras for the well endowed

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok ladies with big chests..... Where the crap do you get your bras?

I hate this. I'm like a 40 something DD that I know of and not even positive that that is the correct size since sometimes DD seems on the small size. Can I just say I hate my boobs and hope that eventually if I ever lose this weight that they will disappear?

I'm trying to find some good bras that won't kill my bank account. Need some with straps and would like to get one strapless that will hold up the girls.

I need something that is going to be long lasting, comfortable and supportive. So where do you get your bras? Likes and dislikes about bras you have owned?

I'm not sure if I'm blessed or cursed lol

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'll post reviews when I get home but I'm a 38G and get all my bras here: http://myworld.ebay.com/belle-lingerie/ Even including shipping from the UK they are WAY cheaper than any store I've found, plus they have cute styles! Finding that seller seriously changed my life. I went from 1 ugly bra because I couldn't afford any more/better ones, to a small but growing collection of cute and sexy bras.

Taqroy

First, you need to measure! I was wearing entirely the wrong bra size for yeaaaars, it's so much more comfy in the proper size.

Sadly these two things:

I'm trying to find some good bras that won't kill my bank account.
I need something that is going to be long lasting, comfortable and supportive.
Don't go together. :( But I've found that the bras I spend more money on last SO much longer and they're a heck of a lot more comfortable (and cuter) than the $20 ones.

I order from Breakout Bras. They have a great refund/exchange policy, they have all the sizes, and their support is awesome.

Can I just say I hate my boobs and hope that eventually if I ever lose this weight that they will disappear?
You and me both. I'm really hoping mine disappear after I'm done BF'ing. Or sooner. Sooner would be better.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Kohl's has a nice line of bras from Maidenform :) I got a bra from them in a hard to find size that I actually use as my sports bra :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Woops, gonna C/P my post from your double posted thread. :p

You're not a 40DD. Having met you and seen recent photos as well, I can pretty much guarantee you.

You should read this, measure yourself, and check out this amazing website. That's how I found out my real size and now get all my bras! Not cheapo, but waaaay cheaper than any specialty shop locally, AND they do returns.

You may have better luck locally than I, however. :D

ETA: I'll go ahead and link this slightly embarrassing but poignant headless photo of my before/after bra sizes and relevant bras. NSFW because bras.

(I have way cuter bras than that granny one now, btw. BraStop has the CUTEST bras. This was the first one I got after being fitted and it was an epiphany.)

http://i.imgur.com/ux7S2r0.jpg

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Woops, gonna C/P my post from your double posted thread. :p

You're not a 40DD. Having met you and seen recent photos as well, I can pretty much guarantee you.

You should read this, measure yourself, and check out this amazing website. That's how I found out my real size and now get all my bras! Not cheapo, but waaaay cheaper than any specialty shop locally, AND they do returns.

You may have better luck locally than I, however. :D

ETA: I'll go ahead and link this slightly embarrassing but poignant headless photo of my before/after bra sizes and relevant bras. NSFW because bras.

(I have way cuter bras than that granny one now, btw. BraStop has the CUTEST bras. This was the first one I got after being fitted and it was an epiphany.)

http://i.imgur.com/ux7S2r0.jpg
As far as walmart bras go... the 40ishDD ones are the only ones that seem to work though I always find something off so you're probably right... I know they have gotten bigger within the past year due to weight gain in general, but ya regardless they suck... I just want small boobs.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to measure and see what I can find. Really do need some good bras.

(totally did not mean to double post this thread... dangit tapatalk)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
As far as walmart bras go... the 40ishDD ones are the only ones that seem to work though I always find something off so you're probably right... I know they have gotten bigger within the past year due to weight gain in general, but ya regardless they suck... I just want small boobs.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to measure and see what I can find. Really do need some good bras.

(totally did not mean to double post this thread... dangit tapatalk)
Yeah... see my "before" shot? 40DDD. The biggest I could find in a department store. It "works" but my boobs are pulled tight, I have armpit-boob, and the bones in the underwire don't meet my chest at ALL in the centre, or under the boobs. Sure, it holds my boobs up and keeps them in check, but the comfort I feel in a proper-fitting bra is bar none.

Yep I did the same thing, I bought 48 DDD and then took it in around so that. Had boob room, then I got fitted for a corset for my wedding and found out my size....40I or 40J depending on the maker...huge difference in comfort!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Go as small as you can in the back, and as big as you can in the cup.

And FREYA. Best bras for bigger babs :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I got mine from Dillard's. Also, go get fitted! They let you try on many different styles and types, and find what you like after you've been fitted.

I wear a brand called Modern Movements. It usually runs about 2 for $60.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Blech I hate bras & I hate that we have to wear them at all >_< (thank you society)

But since we do, here are some of my suggestions. Now I am a mere 36 C (or B in some bras depending on the brand & style) but I have heard good things about that genie bra thinger from my well endowed friends. Also I like Bali bras (they seem to have a very comfortable looking selection of "well endowed " bras with comfortable looking shoulder straps (very important for any woman!) another one I like is Warner's bras, ESP their T shirt bras

Pretty much just echoing what others have said...get fitted and get the proper size. It may be more money but its worth it!

Also, I dont wear bras because of societal norms...I wear them for comfort. I go around with out one at home a lot but if I am going to be doing more than just sitting around, I need one.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I only wear one if I am going out in public, if I'm working around the ranch or whatever I don't wear one & it feels so ... Liberating xD. I hate when I have to wear one in the barn because hay/shavings + sweaty bra = NOT fun :(

Because of the way I carry weight, I have, er, generous boobs, a tiny ribcage, and small shoulders. I feel your pain. I haven't gotten new bras since I left college and moved away from Gazebo - the most awesome bra shop I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. They'll even do alterations on any bra you buy from them, free of charge! Not inexpensive, but totally worth it. For the record, I was a 34J last time I was in there, and I've put on weight since. I know I need to get re-measured, but I've considered sewing my own (by which I mean bribing my partner to do it).

Members online

No members online now.