Anyone want a border collie?

Picklepaige

This handsome dude is at my local shelter.

36 lbs, intelligent, active, has been evaluated by a trainer and responds very well to clicker training, 6 years old, good with other dogs. Was turned in for chewing up something. I think a Chazzer should get him ;)

JacksonsMom

... sitting here dying. I so wish I could. I just feel like it'd be risky to get a dog from so far away, and just praying he fits in with Jackson and I, not ever having a BC before, etc. But I can't stop looking at his picture! Gah I hate being logical.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
... sitting here dying. I so wish I could. I just feel like it'd be risky to get a dog from so far away, and just praying he fits in with Jackson and I, not ever having a BC before, etc. But I can't stop looking at his picture! Gah I hate being logical.
You could foster him. :)

Picklepaige

Where is he?

ETA: I'm in Mississippi now, up near Memphis.
Oh, you're right by me, then :)

Brit, if we could get a transport going, it could work! We do transports to the Northeast all the time, BUT it's for adopted dogs. Generally, a rescue (we use Happy Dogs of New England the most) will list the dog on their website, someone will adopt the dog through the rescue (so they have the follow the rescue's adoption guidelines and fees, not ours,) we put the dog in a foster home here, then when the "rescue truck" comes down every two weeks, we'll put the adopted dog on the truck and they'll bring them to the northeast.

So unless you want to pay the expensive adoption fee of a northeast rescue, we would have to find another way to get him up there.

Zizzy35

Wish I was closer. My dog chewed every pair of flip flops I owned when I brought him home. I didn't take him back.

JacksonsMom

Oh, you're right by me, then :)

Brit, if we could get a transport going, it could work! We do transports to the Northeast all the time, BUT it's for adopted dogs. Generally, a rescue (we use Happy Dogs of New England the most) will list the dog on their website, someone will adopt the dog through the rescue (so they have the follow the rescue's adoption guidelines and fees, not ours,) we put the dog in a foster home here, then when the "rescue truck" comes down every two weeks, we'll put the adopted dog on the truck and they'll bring them to the northeast.

So unless you want to pay the expensive adoption fee of a northeast rescue, we would have to find another way to get him up there.
Yeah, I think it'd be too difficult unfortunately.
I am sure one day I can find just as good of a dog closer to home (I keep telling myself that). lol.
I just prefer to meet a dog first before saying okay to an adoption.

I am sure he will find a good home. Great looking guy.

Hope he gets a fabulous home!

Katalin has chewed countless pairs of underwear (some of them very expensive), two designer purses (one of them a friend's), wires, plastic flowers, furniture, wooden chair legs, books, and the cordless phone - that's all I can name off the top of my head, there very well may be more.

Over my cold, dead body will I be giving her up at anytime.

What are people thinking???

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Is he in any kind of danger at the moment? If he is and Chaz could transport him up to OK, I could probably get him into the BC rescue here.

Members online

No members online now.