New to me dog

I just adopted a three-year-old English Springer Spaniel through the ESSCLI rescue group. He is liver and white and a big, handsome guy, his name is Fergus.
We had a 14 year old ESS who was the best dog we ever owned, he died three years ago.:( My son adopted a Springer from a shelter and we watched her for four weeks last fall. That was all we needed to realize we missed having a dog in the house. Our three cats tried to argue the point , but lost.;)
We just picked him up this past weekend and he is such a good dog, he is adjusting well to his new life and family. He needs some work walking on lead, but isn't too bad. He has been licking the cats and giving chase, but they all seem to be settling down now.
We love him already, he is such a springer, lots of energy and we can no longer be lazy, this guy loves to walk!
I've been lurking here for a while and learning lots of good stuff.
Here's a picture:

~Rhonda

Last edited:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! :) What a handsome dog!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I love this site. I've had Fergus for six days now. I got an Easy Walk Harness to walk him with. I hadn't heard of these until I searched for "dog pulling". It's like a miracle, I can now walk him and enjoy it.
I love this guy, he's got so much energy and love to match it. Of course the cats think that "love" could be toned down a bit, especially where they are concerned. ;) He is fitting in just great.
~Rhonda

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
OH your dog is just awesome!!! I always loved it when the one we had like your breed came in for grooming. He was such a sweetheart. He looked like a little boy all ready for his first day of school when we were done. Welcome to the forum!

Members online

No members online now.