Rollover/crawl

Roxy's CD

I taught rollover by starting with down. Then luring them, with a treat. Very easy. Sometimes they need a bit of help to go onto their side.

Crawl, I've just taught Hades, I did by placing him in a down, and luring him with a treat on the ground, only a bout 2 feet in front of him. When he went to get up, "eht!" and within 3 tries he'd figured it out.

Well for rollover, do i move the treat in a circular motion? cuz he just follows it with his head lol.....and if i try to help him he fights the motion

for crawl he is so confused becuase when i tell him to go get it he stands up and than i tell him lie down again...

Roxy's CD

Yep a circular motion over his head. Than when I gave him a command it was me pointing with my finger in a circle either way I want them to go.

A

Angel Chicken

I taught Kona to crawl using down/stay.

I tell her down, then stay, then move a few feet in front of her, the call her to me. When she would try to walk, I wouls say "No... Crawl" and get her back into the down position. Then I would pull the treat away from her, getting her to crawl on her belly. As you are pulling the treat away from him, and he crawls, be sure to repeat "Crawl", so he learns the voice command.

As for the hand command, instead of moving it in a cicrular motion, try moving it to the floor. I will make you a video showing it.

Kona is having one of her days... and doesn't want to do the trick. I will try again tomorrow, though!!

A

Angel Chicken

I have a video of the crawl trick, but as I said in the post above, she didn't want to do it for me today.

This was done today... she did that trick easy. I reckon I need to work on roll over more :D

Crawl Trick

There is the video. I hope it helps!

k9krazee

I just recently taught Jack to crawl. I tried by having him lay down and then lure him with a treat but that wasn't working. He was getting pretty confused. So I set up a couple chairs in a row, layed him down at one end, I went to the other and called him to me and telling him crawl. He couldn't stand up so crawling was his only choice! I only had to do that once for him to understand what I wanted...now he's a crawling fool!

K I tried the chair thingy for crawl. About how long did it take for your dog to learn the trick without the chairs. Riley already knows how to get to the other end and to lie down to crawl again :p

Members online

No members online now.