Yarrow's Thread

Kootenay

What breeds are used as the foundation dogs of this breed?? He's so beautiful and regal!
Mostly GSD, Malamute and husky with a little bit of border collie, greyhound, lab, great pyrenees. Lots of the foundation dogs were mixed breeds already.

More pics!

Toller_08

He is just so stunning. As are your pictures, as always. You live in just the perfect province to photograph him in.

Kootenay

Ok, neither of these are good pictures but they show a good size comparison!

This is Yarrow and myself

And this is my roommate carting him around! Please don't mind the glaring eyeballs, it was one of those quickly passing really dark indoor moments I had to put the camera in Auto and use the flash..blech!

Toller_08

I can't believe how big he is. I never, ever pictured him that size at all until you mentioned something in one of your recent posts, and these pictures definitely do a good job at showing it too.

He's a really beautiful dog. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
He is such a swoonworthy dog. Just stunning.

Do you ever worry about people thinking he is a wolf and shooting him when you are out in the wilderness like that? I don't think I could ever own one for that reason, I'm paranoid enough that someone is going to mistake Frodo for a fox and accidentally harm him!

Kootenay

He is such a swoonworthy dog. Just stunning.

Do you ever worry about people thinking he is a wolf and shooting him when you are out in the wilderness like that? I don't think I could ever own one for that reason, I'm paranoid enough that someone is going to mistake Frodo for a fox and accidentally harm him!
Yeah, I do for sure! However I am pretty careful where/when I take him. Where these photos are shot is about a 15 min walk from my house and it's too close to civilization/the road for people to be carting around guns. I was being really careful where I took him a few months ago during hunting season. I'm definitely going to get him a high vis vest to put on him in any potentially dangerous areas.

Stunning dog and you are wonderful,at showing him off!.
How tall is he?.
He's about 29'' at the shoulder and likely not done growing yet! He just turned 11 months.

Kootenay

Some more! (I was having fun experimenting with different ways of editing yesterday, so don't mind that...)

Goofy Yarrow...he's so submissive with other dogs! I frequently get photos of him like this one...

Enjoying a nice scratch

Here's his scary picture...telling one of the other dogs to stay away from his prize, a lovely deer leg he found out on our walk! Note - he would never do this to a human, we are allowed to take anything away from him.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I swear I would have every picture of him framed in my house.
I don't think I've ever seen a dog as stunning as him. Handsome boy.

Kootenay

Here are some photos of Yarrow from yesterday. My good friend/professional photographer at Electrify Photographer came out with me and took these (she just happens to be living with us for a while, very handy!). Though I should mention that all these were snapped a matter of about a minute, the photoshoot wasn't actually of Yarrow this time...they were an afterthought!

And these I took a little while ago...fun ripping around down by the lake!

Kootenay

More pictures from the past couple of days. (sorry some of these photos are all smokey, we had a camp fire going)

Sleepy boy on the couch

Being told off by my friend's tiny Dachshund

He loooooves this dog

And he looooves giving kisses

Out on a ride!

Members online

No members online now.