There's always room for another Thanksgiving thread!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Happy Thanksgiving to all! My turkey is stuffed, seasoned, and in the oven. It's ridiculously unfair how a roasting turkey will smell heavenly hours before it's ready to eat. I'm about to start working on the green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole. Mmmm. I love Thanksgiving. It's the only day of the year where it's your patriotic duty to glut. :rofl1:

That being said, what's your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mine is the turkey. I adore turkey. I prefer dark meat to white, but my favorite part is actually the bare bones itself once the meat has been carved off. All those little flavorful bits clinging to the bone...YUM.

How about you?

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I spent all day yesterday prepping and cooking --still have more to do today.
My favorite t-day food is sweet potatoes. The other one in our house--peanut butter pie. LOL--I know, even though I have the other traditional pies....peanut butter pie is always the first one gone!
Happy Thanksgiving Gemp--enjoy that turkey!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I'm roasting a turkey breast since it's just us 2 with the fur kids. I'm stuffing it with my mom's stuffing recipe which brings back memories. I'll have the usual sides and a sweet potato pie since we live the south.

umterps97

My favorite is the stuffing. Last year, we had dinner at my house, and made stuffing with pumpernickel and sourdough bread, with homemade chicken stock, sausage, onions, celery, and herbs.....I could have eaten the whole pan!

I'm going to a friend's house for dinner today, and I'm already dying to know what kind of stuffing there will be! (I may have to make stuffing this weekend if I don't get my fill today :D )

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Happy Turkey Day :)

We are at the BFs parents house so I have little to nowork to do.

I love, love, love green bean casserole :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Turkey is my favorite :)

We aren't doing the cooking today. We are heading over to Brians cousins place for the big family get together. I am baking flourless peanut butter cookies right now. they smell so good. I am not eating a THING before our thanksgiving feast (at 1pm) but oh man it's so hard to not chow down on those cookies lol

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :) Hannah and I have been snuggled up on the couch most of the morning watching the Thanksgiving parade. I love the Holidays :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are going to my MIL's for dinner. I am bringing pie's and cheesecake plus brownies. Then we will go visit my mom, who is still in the ICU.

Blessings to all!

SaraB

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! This year, I only have one dinner to attend to on T-Day and one on Saturday. Huge change from last year when we went to FIVE in one day!

Just waiting for my green bean casserole to be done baking and we are off!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm about to head off to my sister's for the big meal. My favorite would probably be the mashed potatoes, all drenched in gravy. Turkey drenched in gravy isn't bad either!

Jenne

Ball Thrower
My favorite is the ham and sweet potatoes. Since I'm alone this Thanksgiving I'm making some in the crockpot. I eat a lot of turkey throughout the year, so Thanksgiving has always been about the sides and alternate meats for me, lol.

Members online

No members online now.