Vote NO to banning PITS!

pitbulliest

There's a poll on this website that pertains to the banning of pitties...
please vote NO...it asks "Should Pit Bulls Be Banned?"

NO
NO
NO

thanks guys!

http://www.ckco.ca/index.php

Oh..and please crosspost this to as many different forums and chat rooms that you belong to as you can... the more the better

P

pound_dog_bijou

I can't seem to vote but the majority of people voted yes. I didn't realise there were so many people out there that dislike pitbulls. :(

pitbulliest

Hmm...well..I am pretty sure that if you delete your cookies throuroughly..you can vote again... :D
That makes this whole poll pointless then..but hey..as long as we win I don't care lol

I can't believe it people are so stereo-typical, they see one dog that was brought up the wrong way and then it's a world wide thing where that dog is instantly dubbed "DANGEROUS" it's so frustrating. There are so may pitbulls at the humane society that it broke my heart. They are a little to big for our house though or i would have adopted one of them. They were some of the quietest dogs in there, the staffies were generally the loudest and scariest. But the pits just sorta sat there and stared at you. Its all just a bunch of crap. Abuse a kid and see how it turns out, wouldn't be much different. Sorry i had to vent, lol, i do'nt think it's fair, im gonna go and vote NO.... For every pit owner on this forum, and for every other one in the world.

It missed up for me too. Cheap script :(

Be sure to vote!
Here is the updated votes so far.

yes 60.47% 384
no 39.53% 251
(By Sep. 15, 2004 12:00:01 am) Total Votes: 635

RD

Are you dead yet?
I voted no. :)

And yes, they should instead ban irresponsible owners and breeders, instead of selecting a breed and picking on it.

pitbulliest

Keep voting and crossposting you guys..the poll is still up on he website today...even if it isn't really important on the outcome of the proposed ban, at least we'll make it clear that the general public DOES NOT want to ban these dogs.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Or maybe they just want opinions from the general public... ?

pitbulliest

Thanks so much for the support you guys. The reasons these polls are up is because of the constant propositions of pit bull bans that are going on across the country. Its a big deal here in Ontario...they're still deciding: to ban or not to ban...

And since Ontario has made it such a big deal, British Columbia has decided to follow...specifically Vancouver...hence the polls. They want the public's opinion...I definately don't think they'll be making any quick decisions based on any polls, but if teh "NO" side is higher than the "YES" side..well then..we are definately leaving a certain impression on them right? It obviously means people aren't for breed specific legislation..that's why I've been cross posting it.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
A few years ago, it seemed like people were hard and heavy into the pit bull banning, then it seemed to fade away. You didn't hear much about it for a while. And now, it seems like it is coming back. If they couldn't ban the breed a few years ago, why try again?

RD

Are you dead yet?
No idea.
I'm for placing RESTRICTIONS on the breed, since they are an athletic and strong breed that can deliver quite a harmful bite. I don't know how they would go around doing that, but it would prevent those dunderheads who want 'tough dogs' from getting pit bulls.

Hey! Have you guys looked at the poll! :D :D I posted it in about 10 different places last night. And got all into the Yahoo chat rooms and posted it.

Members online