Boxers!

Twilight

Boxer Rescue
I think white boxer are so pretty, but i herd so much about them, they are deaf they canhear but knot alot they cant see, you cant register them. I saw some pic's of white boxers anyone know anything? just courious

By the way if anyone has not noticed my spelling is really bad.. lol sorry

Many of these stories are just that - stories

heres a few myths and facts

MYTH #1
All white boxers are Albinos

FACT
White Boxers are not albinos. Albino dogs do not have any pigment. White Boxers are simply born with white hair.

MYTH # 2
All White Boxers are deaf and are not trainable.

FACT
Although there is a higher incidence of deafness when a Boxer is white (approximately 18% of whites), not all are deaf. Deaf Boxers can be trained using a variety of methods including hand signals, sign language, flashlights and more.

MYTH #3
White Boxers develop more health problems and are sicker than other Boxers.

FACT
Because a Boxer is white does not mean that it is going to be unhealthy. No clinical evidence has been recorded showing the White Boxer is at higher risk for health problems.

MYTH #4
White Boxers are rare.

FACT
Approximately 25% of all Boxers are born white. In fact, some of the first foundation dogs for the Boxer breed were white. Since White Boxers do not conform to the breed standard of the Kennel Club, many are euthanized by breeders, totally unnesesary reasons.

MYTH #5
White boxers are often Blind

FACT
It is not common AT ALL for white boxers to be born blind, white boxers have the same sight as any other colour boxer.

MYTH #6
White Boxers are "mean".

FACT
White Boxers are not "mean". Coat color on a Boxer does not affect a Boxer's personality. White Boxers exhibit the same endearing personality traits as their darker counterparts.

R

RedyreRottweilers

In addition to this I would add:

White boxers should not be used for breeding. They make great pets.

Many of these stories are just that - stories

heres a few myths and facts

MYTH #1
All white boxers are Albinos

FACT
White Boxers are not albinos. Albino dogs do not have any pigment. White Boxers are simply born with white hair.

MYTH # 2
All White Boxers are deaf and are not trainable.

FACT
Although there is a higher incidence of deafness when a Boxer is white (approximately 18% of whites), not all are deaf. Deaf Boxers can be trained using a variety of methods including hand signals, sign language, flashlights and more.

MYTH #3
White Boxers develop more health problems and are sicker than other Boxers.

FACT
Because a Boxer is white does not mean that it is going to be unhealthy. No clinical evidence has been recorded showing the White Boxer is at higher risk for health problems.

MYTH #4
White Boxers are rare.

FACT
Approximately 25% of all Boxers are born white. In fact, some of the first foundation dogs for the Boxer breed were white. Since White Boxers do not conform to the breed standard of the Kennel Club, many are euthanized by breeders, totally unnesesary reasons.

MYTH #5
White boxers are often Blind

FACT
It is not common AT ALL for white boxers to be born blind, white boxers have the same sight as any other colour boxer.

MYTH #6
White Boxers are "mean".

FACT
White Boxers are not "mean". Coat color on a Boxer does not affect a Boxer's personality. White Boxers exhibit the same endearing personality traits as their darker counterparts.

max76

Hi ive got a boxer too....:D

Hes 1/12 year old called Sam and pretty mad, but has a really sweet side when hes tired enough for you to notice. One things for sure when youve got a boxer you DEFINITELY know youve got one :) .

Hes got his bronze and silver awards for dog training... God knows how:confused: That tenner i slipped the judge must of worked lol.Nah seriously hes great and when hes good hes really good.. I love him :)

Loving all the pics...Boxers are the best!!!

noludoru

Bored Now.
I own several Boxers, but all are about a centimeter high. They're little models for the train layout that I painted myself. :D

On a more serious note, I don't own any Boxers, but I admire from afar. Sadly, no one I currently know owns Boxers or even Boxer mixes. =( They are one of my favorite breeds, though. Shockingly, I'd never seen a white Boxer before now--they're absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'm a fan of Kadie now, she has the cutest face!

And Twilight, your Boxers are gorgeous as well! Kudos on rescuing Kizzy. Joey is a truly striking example of a Boxer.

Kayla

The one thing I can say about Boxers is that they truley have a very strong life force running through them and never truley grow old. Our girl just passed away from Lymphomia Cancer in October at age 12. She was an amazing companion and excellent with all dogs, cats, kids, and people all around. Obviously with any breed training and socilization will greatly effect how they grow up but also buy from a good breeder as they can be prone to elbow and hip problems.

Diamond was a white boxer and my uncle had to call ahead of the litter and reserve her as it was still common practice back then to euthinize all white pups as myths of their inherit "defects" such as them supposedly being prone to deafness and blindness were still running rampant. She was healthy her whole life and before the cancer we never ran into any major problems besides tumors near the end that needed to be removed.

Duke and Diamond togther ( Unfortunatly they only got to spend three weeks togther before she was diagnosed with lymphomia cancer and has to be PTS)

Us togther a few years ago

I miss her everyday

Here are a few more boxer pics of Tyron, my cousins boxer ( because you just can't go wrong with pics)

Great breed though just very very hyper and active so if you dont have enough patience to deal with alot of goofyness well into their adult years then thier deffiently not the breed for you. They are very smart so mental stimulation and alllllooooot of excersise is an absolute must.

Kayla

max76

All your boxers are gorgous....Awwwwwww... I want another one now...

This is sam

This ones my favourite when he was a pup

i have a boxer and he is 3 years old and and we got him as a puppy he is a joy to have and hi name i steal'c wierd name but still his nick name is teal'kers

Members online