Home!

Kootenay

I started a thread like this years ago and it was fun! Tell us about your home, whether it's a cabin, apartment, boat, house. Do you like living where you do? What would your dream home be?

And of course, photos!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
We recently moved into what I consider one peg down from a dream home.

It's just a little 4 bed/3 bath place, but it sits on DH's family farm. The house isn't fancy, but it has a nice deck and I love the huge picture window in the living room.

The land is awesome and I can't wait to use it to its full potential.

My DREAM DREAM is to live buried in the mountains of North Carolina and have a farm there with a gorgeous wooden barn and indoor arena with my British White cattle up the hillside. Home would probably be a log cabin, but not huge.

I don't really have any pictures of our new place except on my phone. I'll have to take some soon and post them.

Kootenay

We recently moved into what I consider one peg down from a dream home.

It's just a little 4 bed/3 bath place, but it sits on DH's family farm. The house isn't fancy, but it has a nice deck and I love the huge picture window in the living room.

The land is awesome and I can't wait to use it to its full potential.

My DREAM DREAM is to live buried in the mountains of North Carolina and have a farm there with a gorgeous wooden barn and indoor arena with my British White cattle up the hillside. Home would probably be a log cabin, but not huge.

I don't really have any pictures of our new place except on my phone. I'll have to take some soon and post them.
That sounds amazing! I want pictures :D

Kootenay

I am super super happy with where I live...I can't really imagine anything better, maybe more open land for horses, but it's hard to come by in this area and I don't really have any desire to move elsewhere.

I'm on 8 acres, with a river running alongside. The house used to be a really crappy tiny cabin but my talented builder boyfriend transformed it into a gorgeous timberframe house. He also built the barn and the sauna.

House from the back yard

My favourite part of the house, the master bedroom that is the whole upstairs.

Kitchen

Livingroom/dining room

Garden

Sauna

Barn/shop

GipsyQueen

I am super super happy with where I live...I can't really imagine anything better, maybe more open land for horses, but it's hard to come by in this area and I don't really have any desire to move elsewhere.

I'm on 8 acres, with a river running alongside. The house used to be a really crappy tiny cabin but my talented builder boyfriend transformed it into a gorgeous timberframe house. He also built the barn and the sauna.

House from the back yard

My favourite part of the house, the master bedroom that is the whole upstairs.

So I know I've mentioned this a few times - but I've never seen pictures of the inside of your house.

I'M JELOUS. I'm pretty sure you live in paradise. Wanna trade? I live in a 900sf apartment in the city and have all kinds of sads that I live in the city. (This is changing this sommer though... )

Kootenay

C'mon everyone lets see photos! I can't be the only one to post :)

I am pretty lucky to have landed here, that's for sure.

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
I really really REALLY x100 don't like my apartment now in Los Angeles and hope I can move to somewhere a LITTLE more quiet and more rural and more land asap, with perhaps less crime and less sirens every 30 minutes... but I can at least post pictures of my family's house where Lancer and Rara live!

Old photos, because I'm not at home right now. WOE

The hill below the community park! Nobody comes down to this area except for me and Lancer. Maybe the occasional mountain biker once in a blue moon. So I actually consider this me and Lancer's spot, because nobody's ever here? haha

Our backyard. It's small with an attempt at realistic jungle waterfall not shown in the photo, and I wish we had a lawn for the dogs to run.

Rara is the only one in these house pics. Why? Because she's the only one who is ever actually staying still and lying somewhere. -___- ....Lancer.

Our home is 4000 square feet in a very suburban and very safe and quiet city (one of the safest in the nation, in fact!). An office/bedroom downstairs, 4 bedrooms upstairs, and one attic that's now a fitness room and entertainment room with TV. Wheee

.... I mean, except for this one, of course. :|

C'mon everyone lets see photos! I can't be the only one to post :)

I am pretty lucky to have landed here, that's for sure.
Okay okay, I think your life and house might be close to heaven and I'm not sure there are many people in the world who can top you. :eek:

Well I live in a tiny little townhouse with no yard in the middle of the city.

But I'm lucky enough to be close to the mountains, beaches, forests, and the desert, so I actually don't mind living in the city. It's fairly quiet here and the people and restaurants are pretty great.

I live about half a mile from the river as well as a couple of awesome parks. And about a mile away is a 140 acre wildlife refuge that is absolutely gorgeous. So there's plenty of nature right around where I live, which is what matters the most to me. And if you drive about 45 minutes out of the city you hit a ton of fabulous hiking trails as well as the most epic dog park of all time (it's 1000 acres of off-leash trails meant specifically for dogs).

One of my favorite parks that's right down the street from my house:
DSC_0214 by fablethecattledog, on Flickr

The wildlife refuge is in the background here (it gets so beautiful and colorful in the spring/summer, but right now everything is brown):
DSC_0053 by fablethecattledog, on Flickr

And the river, which is awesome in the summer:
DSC_0161 by fablethecattledog, on Flickr

Members online