The Venting Thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My niece sent me a snapchat of her throwing all her justin bieber posters in her fireplace.
I am so proud.

Little prick.
This is in the vent thread because I am so sick of seeing his annoying face all over my newsfeed now.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No bad news from the vet. But no good news, either. I should know next week, maybe. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than bad? Whatever. I fed Middie a donut. That helped both of us.
Sending lots of (((VIBES))) and stuff to you and Middie!

Grab

My kiddo has been having biting issues in daycare lately. I think a lot of it (although not at all excusable) comes from their having such large class sizes. It's hard for people to note when there is a situation making him uncomfortable (kids being rough, extremely in his face, etc) and he acts out. I feel like he is in the equivalent of one of those poorly run dog daycares where it's just a free for all, lol. (to note, they do have some structured activities, but they also have a lot of free time, where is where a lot of the conflict happens, I think) He is not great at saying when something is bothering him("I don't want to play!" "don't push!" etc) so he gets frustrated.
We are working with him on saying when he's upset, calling for a teacher, etc, but it's very frustrating for me, since I both do NOT want other kids bitten and also do not want my child feeling so frustrated that he has to resort to acting out. And it's hard to get any feedback besides "he bit X number of times today". I also feel that since it is a new issue of the past few months, that something must have changed in that time.

Thank heavens that in a few weeks my husband is done teaching summer school and Clive gets to stay home with him for a month. It's so stressful now whenever I drop him off. We're thinking of getting him into a tumbling class for that month that he is off, so that he can continue to be around other kids his age, but without the frustration aspect.
There are such few options for childcare here...some of the daycares are sketchy, and most are just so overcrowded:( And I'm just not comfortable with in home daycare unless I know the person.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My niece sent me a snapchat of her throwing all her justin bieber posters in her fireplace.
I am so proud.

Little prick.
This is in the vent thread because I am so sick of seeing his annoying face all over my newsfeed now.
I hated him the moment he did that show where he put on the one shiny glove and did a dance that looked suspiciously like thriller ... the audacity of that little prick! I hate him so so much.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Still haven't replaced my co-worker and we're not having much luck with applicants. It's kinda crazy juggling three people's job tasks between two of us.
I'm just kinda sad because I miss my friend. We worked together for a year and a half and it was fun. It's not that I don't like my other co-worker but it's like, you know, one I considered my co-worker and the other I considered my friend, and it's my friend that's gotten a new job and gone on.

And every day that goes by is another day I don't hear anything about any of my own job applications.

I also overheard my co-worker telling one of the applicants what the salary is going to be and it's higher than what I make. No, that's not right. New person should be making less than me. No. This isn't fair at all. That just underscores how totally underpaid I am. I guess I should have negotiated harder when I was hired but I hated the job I was trying to leave SO MUCH I was happy to take anything. This sucks.

For frig sakes people, pull your collective heads out of your arses! A woman was KILLED by a bear 2 WEEKS ago, you hear that killed, the bear is also dead now. So when a mother bear and her cubs is in the city up a tree and she is tranquillized and moved into the HUGE freaking forest that surrounds us, it's not a f*******g sin. And it also wasn't a sin when the other half dozen this week were tranquilized and moved out before they killed someone else.

FG167

I also overheard my co-worker telling one of the applicants what the salary is going to be and it's higher than what I make. No, that's not right. New person should be making less than me. No. This isn't fair at all. That just underscores how totally underpaid I am. I guess I should have negotiated harder when I was hired but I hated the job I was trying to leave SO MUCH I was happy to take anything. This sucks.
I'm pretty much here with you :( I'm hoping to hear back from applications as well but it's so hard to stay positive when the money issue is making me feel desperate and crazy.

Airn

Two people are leaving this month. There are five of us. So the remaining three have to do everything until we hire new people. Which will be a while.... At least I'll get more money.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Still haven't replaced my co-worker and we're not having much luck with applicants. It's kinda crazy juggling three people's job tasks between two of us.
I'm just kinda sad because I miss my friend. We worked together for a year and a half and it was fun. It's not that I don't like my other co-worker but it's like, you know, one I considered my co-worker and the other I considered my friend, and it's my friend that's gotten a new job and gone on.

And every day that goes by is another day I don't hear anything about any of my own job applications.

W.T.F.

Can I kill your management team? Yes? Okay.

When we wrote in this thread about take and drop, we told that:
my friend had tried two of the things suggested
and we even linked a video about one of them. Although those two things that were suggested didn't work..../

/.....My friend can use treats as a reward with other behaviors but not with take and drop. It's because Lotta is interested in toys more than treats if the behavior involves toys.
This is only speculation but my friend thought that one of the reasons others have not written much in the thread about take and drop would be that others might have a different point of view than my friend has. Maybe you can tell us what's your opinions are about take and drop. After that we could tell what my friend thinks about it.

We can also write in other threads when we find something interesting.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Argh two statuses in one evening promoting byb puppies!! One a "jack Russell" (it probably is but by no standard you'll ever see written) with "proud parents" announcing her pregnancy. And the second linking to an advert of their £450 "poochon" puppies!! Wtf.

xpaeanx

I am betting the bumper to bumper I am sitting in is a result of the Belmont stakes... F U Racetrack! Why do you have to be on my way out of the island?!??!

Not like I'm on a highway or anything....

Locke

When we wrote in this thread about take and drop, we told that:

This is only speculation but my friend thought that one of the reasons others have not written much in the thread about take and drop would be that others might have a different point of view than my friend has. Maybe you can tell us what's your opinions are about take and drop. After that we could tell what my friend thinks about it.

We can also write in other threads when we find something interesting.
Instead of using treats, try using her favourite toy as the reward instead?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Is it not possible to find a pair of shorts that actually covers your butt??? Seriously. Most unsuccessful shopping trip ever. They are either SHORT SHORTS or knee length... why is there no in-between.

And I just want this cold to go away. Or, I want the cough to go away. I guess otherwise all the other symptoms I had are gone now. But it's been over a week, I'm sick of it taking me an hour+ to fall asleep at night because of the coughing, or I wake up in the middle of the night having a coughing fit. I finally bought some cough syrup but I don't know how well it works. I should just go to the doctor but I don't have time for that nonsense. =P

Members online

No members online now.